How many were baptized in your area, last assembly?

by brandnew 41 Replies latest jw friends

• kairos
    kairos

I was working the stage at an assembly day where we knew back stage before the baptism talk that there were no candidates.

We thought nothing of it. Our only concern was for the "poor brother" giving the talk to no one.

1200ish in attendance.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

So sad that parents are allowing their pre-teen and/or young teenage kids to make "the most important decision of your life" . They haven't even lived any of their life! I wonder if those same kids told their jw parents that they wanted to get married right away, which is only the second most important decision of your life, how many would start planning a wedding! LOL

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• brandnew
    brandnew

You can probably add up all of america, and not even come up with 10,000..... Now add up how many were df'd, da'd, or died. Folks, there is a rapid decline, and no need for a new headquarters, bethel, or 500 new commercial halls. The watchtower society sees this, and are making a "NEST EGG" of resellable commercial buldings, as a backup plan. Its an ugly, and very undercover way of backing out.

Has anybody seen new headquarters, baseball diamond, hospital, ACTUAL FUNCTIONAL WATCHTOWER, ready to put armed guards when people wake up and come storming, MAD! ! !

• Gayle
    Gayle

Seems like w/2014, 100-year anniversary plus dramatic international conventions, they used up their available youth in the push for baptisms. Less pickings for this year.

Seems they would in the future just have baptisms at the regionals, once a year. More dramatic for crowd. Seems that just a handful of baptisms would not be so impressive - especially when they're claiming the need to build thousands of KHs.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Yup......many empty kingdumb halls....many. But yet theres a need for more.....wow ! !
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The hundred years anniversary of nothing maybe the icing on the cake for new ones or young ones to continue to sign up.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Ok......whoa........last sunday.......0 baptized.......speaker was like speaking in the wind.......i was totally holding in my laugh..crazy.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    There should definitely be a back up talk now for when there's no baptismal candidates. Could be a talk about staying away from apostate sites for example.
  • steve2
    steve2
    Most of those baptized do so at District Conventions, right? You guys seem to be reporting on Circuit Assemblies which are much smaller.. Besides, no one on this thread has reported from Asia, Africa or South America, huge growth areas for the organization. Hardly a comprehensive survey.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

brandnew, did you change your avatar. The other one confused me since I have associated it with Outlaw for so many years.....Blondie

@Blondie.....yes i did.....went from happy doggie....to mad puppy....; ).....brandnew

Well I`m Taking My Damn Dog back!.......................................LOL!!..

Image result for Cameo of muttley cartoon.....................Image result for muttley cartoon dog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit