Can you be disfellowshipped for missing the Memorial ?

by google_mE 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• google_mE
    google_mE

Have you ever heard of a JW being disfellowshipped for missing the Memorial on purpose ?

Just curious.

-mE

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I've never heard of anyone being DF's for missing ANY meeting.

Although... the 'on purpose' part of your comment leads to something else.

Just missing 'on purpose' is one thing but if that person were to start talking about WHY they intentionally did not go, well... there would probably be a meeting with the elders and that person might soon be rooming with 'sickoflies'.

-Aude.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No they wouldn't if they did they would just turn their back on him and walk away leaving him alone on the union picket line to be arrested! THATS what worldly people do!

(sorry you had to listen to the JC tape!)

• Berean
    Berean

I agree with AudeSapere. If a person misses on purpose, it is nothing for elders to take action on. Only if the person expounds on why they missed, and it does not agree with the dogma of the cult would action be taken against them.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Missing is not an offence, but it could get some unwanted attention. When the elders start questioning why you missed there is a good chance they will hear something said for which to d/f.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

As far as I know, this has never happened. Of course, you never know what will happen in the future. There seems to be a radical element now in control in Brooklyn, and there is no telling what may happen in the future!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Many JWs missed numerous meetings and memorials and never got disfellowshipped or even marked.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Four days to go. We will soon find out. The elders haven't done anything scriptually correct yet, why should they start now?

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

I think its impossible to check everyone is there on the night, many dubs will be going off to other halls to be with parents anyway

• Quotes
    Quotes

Play mind games with them (if you so choose).

Claim that you were, indeed, present at the memorial! It is impossible to prove that you weren't. As the saying goes, "you can't prove a negative". This is even better than the other poster here who recently claimed that he was never baptized. Their whole "two witnesses" rule simply doesn't work when trying to prove you did NOT do something.

You: "I WAS at the memorial, Bro. Dogmatic.

Br. Dogmatic: "Well, I didn't see you there!"

You: "Well, I didn't notice you there either. But I don't go around accusing YOU of not being there, now do I!!!"

~Q

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit