Anyone here Scuba dive?

by nicolaou 41 Replies latest social physical

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Ha, the wrath of Jehoovah got clamy!

• darinwilson
    darinwilson

Yeh, did my Padi course about 5 years ago. Great diving here in SA. Have heard the Red Sea is good. Would love to dive the Seychelle Islands. Try night diving, brilliant flourescent colours, just swim back to shore on the surface is a bit unnerving. Darin

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    just swim back to shore on the surface is a bit unnerving

Sod that with the Sharks off SA !

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Have dived for over 20 years.

I love Cozumel, Mexico for Palancar Reef.

Then you can catch the ferry to the mainland and dive the cenotes, the underground cavern systems filled with 300-foot visability water. You don't have to be cave certified to dive them because there are openings every 100 feet to the surface.

Pics here of my brother and I diving the system called Dos Ojos:

ttp://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=10244

• jaredg
    jaredg

I'm recreactional open water certified through PADI and NITROX Enriched Air certified through NAUI. I have all my gear, expect the tank, and I love to SCUBA dive. it's one of the most liberating feelings...almosty like flying. it really is awesome!! Hey freedomlover, we should take a trip together sometime. There are a bunch of Lakes to go diving in NC. Or if you and your hubby want to make a trip to the coast there is some great wreck diving.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I used to be an avid diver...had to give it up due to back problems!!! It was one of my favorite things to do! Just always follow the rules, don't take chances and you should have a wonderful time.

Swalker

• aoxo
    aoxo

i got certified three years ago and my open water test and first several dives were in merky wisconsin lakes and coreys. i then got an opportunity to dive in mexico and it was wonderfull but i still like the merky lakes and coreys, its a thrill to be down there not able to see much and expect a decayed body to float by you or even to just find an old bottle or something like that.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Got my written exam this morning - wish me luck!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well I'm not certified but I have scuba dived. We scuba dived in a clear lake in Arkansas. It was beautiful and they have some pretty huge fish in there! http://www.lakenorfork.com

Years ago before we got the tanks hubby bought some strange thing that was shaped like a tire tube that you float rivers with. It had a motor on top and lines coming out of it for air. You were limited as to how far you could go down though. But it was free air..

We got to see the bluffs underwater and the fish hiding in them.It was pretty amazing.

After hubby's freind kept shooting people with the diving spears( that guy was an accident waiting to happen!) we eventually went into sailboating.. The friend came along for a while but he created several near disasters...sail lines would tangle etc. he eventually got divorced and moved out of town.. so it was clear sailing after that.

I bet it has to be so pretty underwater in the oceans. We took the glass bottom boat tour in Florida and the colors were beautiful. I can imagine what it must look like on a reef.

Have fun and be careful! Key words in scuba diving..be careful and think twice!..

Snoozy..

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I dive all the time! I'm actually trying to get my instuctors cert just for fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit