No Natural Affection

by misspeaches 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Slightly off topic, but my parents were best friends with another couple at the Hall, going to their house for dinner, etc. The man, an elder, got a great job offer out of state, in Arkansas. Since they had several kids, it made sense, plus they loved the beauty and country living there. After they got settled, they phoned, wrote, and just begged my folks to come see them. My folks vacationed every summer, so they could've easily traveled there.

It was like, out of sight, out of mind! They were just forgotten about, and I'm sure it hurt them to see my folks apparently weren't real friends.

I saw that happen many times at the Hall. Seemingly close friends just dropped each other if one of the parties moved away, even if just to another Hall a few miles away. The friendship petered out, and new "friends" replaced the former "friends." Really sad!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Fair weather friends.

Survival of the fittest.

Your friends at the Kingdom Hall, and any support they might offer you, depend on whether or not they consider you an asset to the org. If they look only at your weaknesses and you become a liability to them, then you are no longer useful to the cause of the org. or to them.

Then is when the strong push the weak, the sick, the starving to the outside of the flock so that they are lost or consumed by predators.

I could see this going on all around me in the org. and it helped open my eyes. I often wondered how the WT and Awake mags could have articles about the Pharisees, and not see the clear connection to the philosophy of the organization. They operate on the same principles as the Pharisees. The weak are looked down on and shoved aside with a heartlessness that mirrors the cut throat business world of today.

Jesus condemned this kind of thinking and action. I realize that unless people have an aversion to this kind of thinking, they will tend to be blinded by the WTB&TS. Until they get sick of watching it happen, they won't see the need to leave. Unless of course they gain insight into another falsehood of the org. and it pisses them off enough to leave.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Probably because they are all in such a hurry to get out of the Hall after memorial and out of the parking lot.. and you would just be one more person to fill up space and keep them from making a quick get-away!!!!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

& What's so "Natrually Afectionate" about whoopin' your kids ass?

• rmt1
    rmt1

"I often wondered how the WT and Awake mags could have articles about the Pharisees, and not see the clear connection to the philosophy of the organization. They operate on the same principles as the Pharisees." Projection (dictionary.com): "Psychology. 1. The attribution of one's own attitudes, feelings, or suppositions to others: “Even trained anthropologists have been guilty of unconscious projectionof clothing the subjects of their research in theories brought with them into the field” (Alex Shoumatoff). 2. The attribution of one's own attitudes, feelings, or desires to someone or something as a naive or unconscious defense against anxiety or guilt." Evolutionary Psychology (http://www.anth.ucsb.edu/projects/human/epfaq/ep.html) offers some explanation for the phenomenon of how *normal* people DO have natural affection for their genetic relations. Google "Hamilton's Rule".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit