Why Most Christians Can And Do Celebrate Birthdays

by wanda 32 Replies latest jw friends

• wombat
    wombat

You betcha...

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks Mary!

That's one I'll remember for the next birthday.

But, I'm beginning to believe that arguing with a JW, or reasoning with a JW is like reasoning with a brick wall.

• wombat
    wombat

Thanks for you kind folk that sent my Mum a cheerio on her 89th. She had a great one. The phone rang all day.

Today at our Buddhist/Zen type non-denominational church she got up on her wheely-walker and gave an impromptu speech on the need to love your fellow man. She quoted Jesus giving his followers a new law to love one another and then recited "Abu Ben Adam". (If you don't know it Googel it).

She said that she was given the gift of a life 89 years ago and she feels obliged to re-pay that great gift by helping others.

A radio station interviewed her and wanted another interview later that night but it was too late for her.

She had a digustingly huge chocolate mud birthday cake ("Death by Chocolate") after the church service and after everyone sang Happy Birthday she was watery-eyed and said to me "they are doing this for me - I can't believe it".

Sometimes I accuse her of doing a "Nanna act" and playing fragile and loveable but she gives me a clip across the ears.

Aren't birthdays great? It's a shame that Jehovah doesn't like them. He just doesn't have any heart or love in Him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit