Why do good looking people turn us on?

by free2beme 30 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Why do good looking people turn us on?

I ask this, as the continuation of the species, is not based on looks. An ugly human, can produce children as well as a super model or a well built man. So why do we see these ones and get attracted, and yet see others as something of a turn off? I have wondered this many times, and personally I think we are like animals in that we look to what we consider the most healthy of looks and in some genetic way, we see them as a better producer of off-spring or ones with the best DNA. I know this might seem like a weird topic, but we are all just animals with attitude and basically have the same natural instincts as other animals. Just wondering, what's the genetic reason is to this one. Survival of the fittest???

• trevor
    trevor

Whether or not someone is good looking is a subjective opinion.We are sometimes attracted to people who look like us or are repelled, depending on how we feel about the way we look.

The culture we live in determines what is currently in fashion. For example fat women are revered in African culture but not in Western culture. Also attraction is a very personal thing. Good looks alone don't make a person attractive. Sometimes very plain people have a sensuality that make them more exciting than exceptionaly 'good looking' people.

• Frog
    Frog

because goodlooking people are generally more genetically successful, and that turns us one because our biologically intuned sex drive is programmed to breed children who are fit, health, strong and successful...x

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    because goodlooking people are generally more genetically successful, and that turns us one because our biologically intuned sex drive is programmed to breed children who are fit, health, strong and successful...x

Well I was about to come out with a smart arsed comment but I dont think I can follow our Froggy' scientific explanation! I think you might have hit the nail on the head! DB74

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

But in general there is more to it than looks though...(which are important) but not necessarily essential.

Physical attractiveness is only part of the mix if you ask me...

DB74

• Frog
    Frog

Physical attractiveness is only part of the mix if you ask me...

yeah, of course that's very true too...attractive and successful are subjective terms afterall...although that doesn't necessarily explain serious pupil dialation cos you just saw Cindy Crawford modeling undies for the Victoria Secret catalogue?!

One pic of a goodlooker for your viewing pleasure coming up! ->...but I can't say he turns me on, cos that'd be grosse, like incest eweee !

alt

• diamondblue1974
  • Frog
    Frog

lawyer diamondsblue ->

looking pensive diamondsblue ->

bashful diamondsblue ->

...all, as you can see, are actual likenesses <- a froggy pokeing faces at diamondsblue

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

What the bloody hell you talking about frogy? (you were going fine till you got off science lol

are you saying your feelings for this chap are loving and sisterly and platonic .. (well then there's no need to be rough as a pineapple lol

• Frog
    Frog

roughasapineapple froggy hehe...back to science it is then!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit