Embarrassing...........

by beachbugg 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• beachbugg
    beachbugg

Ok, I was giving one of those rehearsed skits during the ministry school meeting one time and I got the giggles..........seriously bad situation. The lady sitting across from me forgot "her line" and it struck me funny. The more I tried to get past it, the funnier it became. Not only did I laugh.....I tried to recover and hold it in...........what ended up coming out was a horrible snort...(which actually hurt).

I got a "work on it."

I have so many of these stories.........somebody please tell me something...I need a good laugh!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    ...........what ended up coming out was a horrible snort...(

into the microphone?

• Spectre
    Spectre

No good laugh from me but I got a good laugh out of your story.

(I'll try and think of something)

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Beachbugg...I did that too, but it was a word mix up. I started laughing and my best gal started laughing. We could not stop. She snorts, I laugh and it laste the length of the talk. We then stopped and read a scripture. AMEN! It was hilarious. Frookin' Hillarious.

• beachbugg
    beachbugg

Yes OpenFireGlass......into the microphone. I laughed so hard I would've peed me pants if I had to (thank god I didn't!)

I can't believe that y'all don't have some stories.......ok here's another one.

As you might be able to surmise ..... I get the giggles easily....especially when I'm "supposed to be paying attention".

I went home to visit my dad 8 years ago and my daughter was 4 years old. During the meeting my dad was holding her and letting her sleep, which by they way I would have NEVER been allowed to do, but I understand grandkids are different.

So anyways, she wakes up a little bit during one of the talks, and wouldn't you know....she farts. I mean she really lets one rip!

I was shocked and looked up at my dad. I swear y'all, I would've been ok if my dad would've acknowledged it, but instead he was staring forward like nothing had happened.

The more I try not to laugh , the more I do. I had to leave the Hall, but the REALLY funny part is that each time I thought I was ok and came back in, I would have to leave again because it's all too damn funny to me.

• beachbugg
    beachbugg

Sparkplug.......that's the worst! I'm glad to hear your story though....I've been there girl! lol

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I know nervous laughter in this context™ is a terrible thing. I wished I could have relaxed enough to laugh when giving talks. Sometimes I managed to lighten up and have fun with the audience™ but was usually too uptight for fear of losing my way in the labyrinth of Watchtower™ logic.

Susan once confessed she thought sisters™ had it easy with talks™. At least they got to take someone else up on the platform™ and never had to address the audience directly.

unclebruce

EDIT: Sorry I can't think of anything to make you laugh beachbugg - can't remmember pissing myself on stage or anything - I owe you one

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

In the mid 70s when I was an elder in my local cong, I was conducting a seminar sort of discussion on some portion of the Service Meeting, which I no longer remember. Anyway one of the participants was a Polish migrant [damn nice guy actually] to this country, and who spoke English with a naturally hard edge to it, guttural, if you like. Which was'nt so bad except for one word, a name. The name was "Titus" Unfortunately, the way this poor bloke pronounced it was "TIGHT-ARSE" Oh yeah? you ask... whats so funny?

Well here in Oz we tend to pronounce words with a deeper resonance than you Yanks. So "toh-May- To" in Oz becomes "To-Mah-to". and "Pa-yth" becomes "PAHth" [path] "never" is "nev-ah" you get my drift. Now, in the USA if you want to get your hubby to do something you'd say:" Git off yer ass, buster...." But in Oz you would say:"Gerroff your arse, sunshine, ..mate, matey cobber etc"

So now you get it.To you a rear end is an "ass" to us that's a donkey, the rear end is an"aRse". Damned if this guy did'nt have a part to say which included the phrase: "According to Tit-arse....". One of the brothers in the audience had the gall to say: "take two tablets and call me in the morning..."

That was it!! Absolute bloody pandemonium as the roof nearly caved in with gales of laughter it was impossible to continue. The sad part is, that the poor Polish brother never got it!!

Cheers.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

OK , here's one for ya.

I was at the circuit assembly with my two year old son who was in the middle of potty training. I told him to make sure and tell me when he had to go. So during a very quiet talk, he announces very loudly and happily, "Mommy, I have to POO!" Everyone around us starts giggling.

"OK", I whisper, "I'll take you to the bathroom". As we are walking down the aisle he starts announcing to every person we pass sitting in an aisle seat, in his loudest, proudest voice, "I'm going to POO!"

I can hear everyone we pass cracking up, laughing, so I walk faster and faster, trying to get out the door before I bust a gut. Just when we get to the auditorium doors, he practically yells at the deaf old man at the contribution box. "I HAVE TO POO!" I literally fell through the doors, bent over double, and laughed my guts out for 5 minutes. There were a whole bunch of people in the foyer who hadn't heard my son, and they were just staring at me like, who is this crazy woman bent over and laughing her guts out? Which just made me laugh harder!

Oh yeah, I just remembered another. When my son was a baby about 8 months, everytime he finished a bottle, he would pull it out of his mouth, look at in disgust because it was empty, and chuck it as hard as he could! One day, at the meeting we weren't paying attention when he finished his bottle, he took it out of his mouth and chucked it and beamed an older brother sitting two rows up (who hated kids) right in the back of the head. Priceless!

Cog

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

wow cog .. don't tell me - the kid's now doing a five stretch for aggravated assault with a bottle of poo..

at least I now know how to make you laugh,

unc who needs a poo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit