Embarrassing...........

by beachbugg 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cardinal Fang
    Cardinal Fang

Not a story of personal embarrassment, but one that, similar to Moggy Lover's, plays on the 'common language divide' and the US-centric Gibbering Body's woeful lack of knowledge of colloquial usage among their anglophone brethren around the globe...

The context: a drama, mid-to-late-80s that some of you may remember, which featured the trials of a faithful young brother forced to fight off the attentions (pffffft) of a worldly young Jezebel at school.

He relates his traumatic experiences to his righteous old mum, climaxing (arf) with... "...then she dragged me into an empty classroom and tried to get me to commit fornication with her!!" - to which his mother responded with an anguished cry of -

"Oh, Randy!!!"

... for such was the boy's name.

The GB were obviously blissfully unaware that 'randy', in UK and (I think) Antipodean English translates to the US 'horny'.

The ripple of snorting and choking that swept the crowd at the convention I attended will stay with me forever - I only wish I had been at one of the larger internationals (London) where there may have been American dubs present, just to witness their expressions of utter mystification at the barely-suppressed pandemonium erupting around them....

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

All of these are making me laugh... and I've never been a dub. Thanks!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

one sister who breast fed her baby till it was 5... had the kid on her lap during a talk, the kid reaches into her top and yells at the top of its lungs.. TITTY MAMA TITTY NOW!!! ......everyone.. elders included... fell on the floor laughing their butts off. the kid was weaned shortly thereafter.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    As you might be able to surmise ..... I get the giggles easily....especially when I'm "supposed to be paying attention".

*** Poke ***

*** Poke ***

*** Poke ***

*** Waits to hear Beachbugg snort ***

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

As an adolescent male, it is common to experience "unwanted" expansion in the trouser area. Mix that with a platform bible reading, plat trousers, cute sisters in summer dresses, and working on gestures....

steve

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i still dont understand how you men could get wood in a KINGDOM HALL!

i seen it all the time... i mean..i woulda seen it if i'd looked.. i never looked..

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

candid,

as a JDub, you get so sexually frustrated, you could end up humping a spanial's leg.

steve

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    i still dont understand how you men could get wood in a KINGDOM HALL!

Easy... males are horny all the time.

Haven't you figured this out yet?

• Gregor
    Gregor

There was the twenty something brother who was the reader for the Watchtower study that was parsing the Song of Solomon.

Every time he came to the word "breasts" he read it as "beasts".

Don't know if he was a poor reader or was just too shy to say breasts.

All these years later I still tell my wife occasionally, "darling, you have lovely beasts"

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

ok ok i know.. you men are horny all the time...

i just didnt know avon perfume,walmart make up ,cheap flat shoes and leggs panty hose did it to ya. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit