I'm new here.

by The 37 Replies latest jw friends

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

From the Great State of Georgia Howdie j/k Welcome and hello (whisper....its another Aussie shhhhh they might hear us)

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

welcome!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome The, I used to like a band call The The.

It sounds like you are on the right path when you say "Test every expression". Compare the Watchtower quotations with their source quotes, compare the bible translations, compare the statistics and history with an encyclopedia. Find out why other religions sincerely believe what they believe. You will find in almost every case, where the Watchtower reasoning is different to that of most people it is because it is wrong, even dishonest.

Ask as many questions as you can, you will always find an answer here.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, The.

It might be a good time to pause and reflect. Consider the seasons that Solomon talks about in Ecclesiastes. There's the season of harvest, then winter, spring. Each season has it's time and it's purpose.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

welcome!! :)

My thoughts are muddled at this stage ..

ya, i know...

TS

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome The!

For myself, I've always found a far richer spiritual outside the organisation than in. Even when I was a baptised publisher I found God more present in the forest and by the sea than in the kingdom hall or field service. May you find what you seek as well, and give to others along the way.

~Merry

• Es
    Es

welcome fellow aussie.....you are among friends.

Enjoy your stay we are here to listen

es

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Welcome The!!!

We are so glad that you too have mustered up the courage to introduce yourself!!! Don't feel alone we too were afraid. Yes, you will and probably already have, read things you don't agree with or maybe even offensive. But not everyone here agrees with everyone elses viewpoint. And thats o.k. Its just nice to be able to express yourself. I swear it has really helped me. A kind of therapy of sorts. Just remember, the truth is 100% pure. And by a close examination, we will be only be faith strengthened, if it is indeed truthful. Right?? And if it isn't, well, it will become crystal clear. Then we must decide if we are lovers of truth, or lovers of tradition. It takes a real lover of Jehovah and a true Christian to stand up and say, I will not teach something I know to be untrue. Especially when you were raised in the organization. From my experience, and I was raised a very strong witness, check things you hear out. Don't take anyones word for it. But double check things. Afterall Jehovah expects his followers to "keep checking keep making sure". Then he adds, "hold fast to what is fine". We are here for you, and most here have been in your shoes. Just don't "throw the baby out with the bathwater". It is easy to just say forget it ALL! But hold onto the things you find that are accurate. Although, you are already questioning 1914, then I am sure you will be questioning many other things. You will find so many helpful friends here, as well as information you may need. Again, we are glad you are willing to make a examination.

Sincerely,

L.L.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hi, The, welcome. Take your time. We'll be here!

• bebu
    bebu

Welcome, THE!!

Yours is my favorite user name (for now) on the board.

If you are determined to live honestly, instead of merely giving lipservice to it, you'll wend your way thru alright.

BTW, have you read anything about the 1954 trial in Scotland? That addresses some issues you seem to be reflecting on.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/108181/1883368/post.ashx#1883368

Nice to see you here!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit