Wacky WT article to 'scare you'

by Smiles 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    BOOM! On June 3, 1991, with a reverberating rumble, Mount Fugen in Japan spewed

Almost soiled myself there....

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

It's amazing to me that the WT can so easily take prophecies that apply to the nation of Israel and apply all of them to our future. Some of the Hebrew Scriptures are obvious prophecies about the Messiah, but so much of what is there has fulfillment with the nation of Israel, especially during Solomon's reign. I found it interesting that the Watchtower, April 15, 2000 "Making All Things New - As Foretold", deals with Isaiah 65, showing an initial fulfillment with Israel. It told how the "new heavens and new earth", represented a new society in the Jewish homeland, that they had a "new system of things", and the "new heavens" were Zerubbabel, a decendant of David. Following this information it quotes 2 Pet 3:13 about the new heavens and earth, being in our future, but Paul, in 2 Cor 5:17 said that "if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old things passed away, look! new things have come into existence". I believe he is talking about believers in Christ and their relationship with him, then and now. I think to use 2 Peter as a basis for all the prophecies of the Hebrew Scriptures having a literal fulfillment in a "paradise" is really stretching things.

Little Bo Peep

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

What impressed me about the article was the quality of writing...I think the person that wrote that was around the age of 12!

Swalker

• Smiles
    Smiles

Yes, the "Boom!" thing is something a 12 year old would write.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I can't believe no one noticed this snip from the article!

Cults with dubious leaders and fanatic followers have sprung up.

This is mentioned in the vein of people's strange reactions to perceived fulfillment of Bible prophecies (earthquakes, etc.).

So there you have it. BOOM!

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Ok now I'm really scared... It gets better all the time...

• Woofer
    Woofer

I was thinking the same thing "some 12 year old wrote this".

It's almost like they article was directed towards someone who wasn't educated or could hardly read.

If I had no prior knowledge of the dubs and read this article I would think "what a bunch of wacko's" (oh wait, I already think that )

• MissBehave
    MissBehave
    It's almost like they article was directed towards someone who wasn't educated or could hardly read.

And BOOM...there you go.

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    The message is clear. You Japs are falling asleep on the job, what happened to all the extraordinary zeal you showed in the 80's and 90's?????

Bwahahaha!!!!!!

Jehovah to Japs: "I did it before, I can do it again!"

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Wow! Talk about the fear factor and the hard sell!

So what do we have so far? Retrenchments of the distinctives, a WT lesson celebrating the 'increasing light' over the years (mentally preparing the members for possible changes), a mass public leafleting campaign before a convention tantalizingly titled 'Deliverance At Hand,' and a scary 'kick up the backside' article to knock the Bystanders off their fences and have them running in panic to the org.

They're doing everything to shake JWs and non-JWs alike out of their malaise, just stopping short of giving a date. Verrrry interesting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit