A fact that debunks the dubs statement of this being ''the last memorial''

by kittyeatzjdubs 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

So do you feel that saying JWs did this (what I just brought up) is being unfair? Yes or no?? To say that those of us on the board comment about post 9-11 as it relates to the religion is not unfair. This is a JW discussion forum. It appears that you have knee jerk reactions anytime you read that someone expresses their view about JWs in a negative (to you ) way.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS teaches that the UN or elements from the UN will attack Babylon the Great, the worldwide empire of false religion, the start of the great tribulation. That religion will be destroyed except for the WTS and then they will turn then attention to the WTS which will start Armageddon.

*** Isaiah Prophecy-1 chap. 5 p. 54 Jehovah Humiliates Self-Exalted Ones ***

During the coming day of Jehovah’s judgment upon Christendom and other segments of the world empire of false religion, what will people do? Faced with deteriorating conditions earth wide, most will likely come to realize that their idols are valueless. In place of these, they may well seek refuge and protection in nonspiritual, earthly organizations, perhaps including the United Nations, the "scarlet-colored wild beast" of Revelation chapter 17. It is "the ten horns" of that symbolic wild beast that will destroy Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, of which Christendom is a significant part.—Revelation 17:3, 8-12, 16, 17.
  • Maryjane
    Maryjane

Going off on a slight tangent here but isn't there something in their body of beliefs that says the preaching work will be stopped (i.e. Jehovah will decide that the good news of the kingdom has been preached sufficiently then it stops then the big A comes?)

• juni
    juni

These words of doomsday upon us keeps them going. Remember - JWs have already chosen the house they want to live in after A. and can hardly wait to make the move.

Juni

• daystar
    daystar

Maryjane, something like "This good news of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole earth, and then the end will come."

Sound familiar?

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Minimus,

Actually my point addressed two different (but somewhat related) aspects: 1) the packed Kingdom Halls statement and 2) the "end is near" claims

As Kittyeatdubs expressed it, she seems to imply that both of these aspects are grounds to be critical, even reasons to be scornful, of Jehovah's Witnesses. My comments merely point out that these phenomena are not isolated to JWs but actually quite common.

Daystar, recognizing that this is (supposedly) a "discussion" forum re: JWs, I understand that to be examining and talking about JWs from multiple viewpoints. My comments were only meant to point out that I don't believe it is fair-minded for Kitty to single out JWs for doing what many others are also doing. The point of discussion is (supposed to be) to present multiple viewpoints on a matter in order to stimulate further discussion and hopefully deeper understanding of the topic at hand.

Personally, I don't see that one-sided "discussions" whether touting JWs or, more often, bashing JWs, however subtly done, are either actual discussions or more importantly, advance our understanding of the topic (JWs).

As you will note from my comments above to Minimus, in my view Kitty's post implies that the two phenomena are reasons to be scornful and deride Jehovah's Witnesses. If one feels that the real purpose of this forum is to deride Jehovah's Witnesses then, perhaps you don't understand why I would bother to point out what I have. But if one does really believe that the purpose of JWD is to foster discussion, as I do, then I think that my comments have value because simply to deride JWs unfairly adds nothing to our understanding of JWs.

I think there are many reasons and grounds to be critical of JWs, the Society, Org, etc. and often engage in such discussion as fairly as possible.

-Eduardo

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

Maryjane, something like "This good news of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole earth, and then the end will come."

Sound familiar?

Of course...lol But somewhere in the back of my mind I remember something to the effect that the society would formally stop the preaching work after Jehovah gives them the hi sign (i.e. it wouldn't be rudely interrupted by the great tribulation but would stop in advance)

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    As Kittyeatdubs expressed it, she seems to imply that both of these aspects are grounds to be critical, even reasons to be scornful, of Jehovah's Witnesses. My comments merely point out that these phenomena are not isolated to JWs but actually quite common.

Correction: I never said anything about being critical or scornful. Did I single out witnesses in my comment? Probably. Did I mean to? Not really. All I did was note what I observed happening at the time. As for other religions, I wouldn't know. All I knew about was the JW faith growing up.

luv, jojo

• undercover
    undercover

I personally haven't heard any of my JW family say anything about this "maybe, possibly, could be the last memorial".

But I remember years ago, that somehow rumors would start flying before a convention or special assembly day about something "special" going to be announced or happening. Nothing ever came of the rumors. One has to wonder where they start.

Several people here have confirmed what minimus' mom said. Different people from different areas. This is more than just a rumor run amok amongst members of the flock. This is more like a CO or someone higher dropping a "hint" that something special could be happening and then the desperate JWs latch onto this as gospel. Then the rumor spreads. Even to the point of making it here.

Since the WTS can't print anything definitive, knowing that the Internet world would rip them to shreds, they have to resort to word of mouth to proclaim this latest tactic so that no one can point to any one source for having made such ridiculas statements. Next year at memorial time, if any JW even remembers and questions it, all the COs/elders have to say is, "it was a rumor, it wasn't from the Society. Did you ever see anything in writing?" Case closed, The Society exonerated once again.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Down here in the Bible Belt, a lot of religions believe in the "end". The way it is going to happen varies. After 9-11 I watched a lot of news and it did appear people were going back to their churches in droves, most looking for any explanation as to why this happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit