A fact that debunks the dubs statement of this being ''the last memorial''

by kittyeatzjdubs 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

I was reading CoC last night and I started pondering over minimus' post of how the dubs are saying this is the last memorial and the end is finally here. Then I remembered the teaching that the first setoff to the big A is going to be the ban of religion. Do they not believe this anymore? I am wondering b/c as of right now, we have the most religious right wing president, and I can't see him approving anything of that matter. And we don't get a new president until 2008, so that definitely doesn't fit within the timeframe of this being the last memorial.

Any thoughts on this?

luv, jojo

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    the dubs are saying this is the last memorial and the end is finally here.

The dubs have said many things many times. Revising their statements, or pretending they never existed is an old game for those lying bastards. Within a few weeks none of them will admit to saying such a thing.

W

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

The borg is horrible for contradicting itself. Here's an example:

The Jehovah's Witnesses deny that God has established different covenants or testaments for His people. Thus, they oppose the idea of an "old" covenant (testament) and a "new" one. Much of their teachings are still based in the writings which we call the "Old Testament," for the simple reason that they do not believe it has been replaced (or fulfilled) by a new covenant (testament). For this reason, they refuse to designate the two sections of the Bible as the "Old Testament" and the "New Testament." Instead, they refer to them as "The Hebrew-Aramaic Scriptures" and "The Christian Greek Scriptures." It's interesting to note, however, that they have failed to be consistent in this stand even in their own translation. In II Corinthians 3:14 the NWT speaks of "reading the old covenant." "New covenant" and "former covenant" both appear in Hebrews 9:15, and "mediator of a new covenant" appears in Hebrews 12:24, just to cite a few examples.

The fact that there are still many 'proficies' that the WTS had made up that have not been fulfilled is something the borg spends a considerable time trying to discredit. They have been stating that the end could come anytime since Russel. They envision that these proficies could some how take place over night. There are so many condradictions in their beliefs and their actions one could write a book on it.

• greendawn
    greendawn

If someone is to believe what the JWs are saying about the end of this world they will believe anything, given the JW history of utter failure of their predictions non sense.

If the gospel is to be preached before the end comes and they are not fit to do that and no one else is, wait until those fit to do so arrive. Then you will know the final days have come.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

I remember when 9/11 happened, the following meeting was PACKED. There were so many inactive and dsf'd people at the kh that night it wasn't funny. It's so crazy that all it takes is a disaster to get the dubs on armageddon alert.

luv, jojo

• daystar
    daystar

Buncha knuckleheads... I would have to say that any dub who thinks this will be the last memorial hasn't paid much attention at the meetings.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Does anyone know if anything has anything been printed alluding to this?

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

They would never put it in writing!

• blondie
    blondie

(Matthew 24:44) On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    The Jehovah's Witnesses deny that God has established different covenants or testaments for His people. Thus, they oppose the idea of an "old" covenant (testament) and a "new" one. Much of their teachings are still based in the writings which we call the "Old Testament," for the simple reason that they do not believe it has been replaced (or fulfilled) by a new covenant (testament). For this reason, they refuse to designate the two sections of the Bible as the "Old Testament" and the "New Testament." Instead, they refer to them as "The Hebrew-Aramaic Scriptures" and "The Christian Greek Scriptures." It's interesting to note, however, that they have failed to be consistent in this stand even in their own translation. In II Corinthians 3:14 the NWT speaks of "reading the old covenant." "New covenant" and "former covenant" both appear in Hebrews 9:15, and "mediator of a new covenant" appears in Hebrews 12:24, just to cite a few examples.

Do you have the WT info on this so I can look it up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit