ANGRY WANGRY!!

by lowden 21 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

How have you dealt, or how are you dealing with the anger, frustration and rightful indignation that you may feel towards the WTS or even GOD for the way it so negatively impacted on your life?

• Legolas
    Legolas

That's a good question...I think it just takes time!

• OpenFireGlass
  • lowden
    lowden

LMAO OpenFireGlass

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I bounce back and forth . At first the anger just motivated me to look into as much as possible, that caused a bit of overload. Then I really started to let go of alot, and actually began to feeling happy . I am content not attending meetings , and not reading the literature. But now ,ever since an elder stopped by, I'm going through the anger once again especially since my husband wants to go back to meetings. I want to be supportive of him ,and I really don't think it will last, but I don't want to allow the brain washing methods of meetings to interfere with my emotions ever again. I deal with it by coming on here, and reading interesting veiwpoints ,and especially for the great sense of humor.......I laugh out loud again something that has been missing in my life for way to long . I am so thankful for this site, it is probably the only thing keeping me sane at this time .

• greendawn
    greendawn

At first I dealt with it by not giving anything to the WTS no more fs or any work for them. Then I disassociated and I began to oppose them and discouraging interested ppl from following them, and there was a great pleasure when succeeding in this when someone would say: "so that's how they are." I was just informing them about the true facts petaining to the JWs, no lies or exaggerations.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Anger is an essential part of the grieving and healing process that one undergoes after a traumatic loss. The shattering of one's faith or belief system is a traumatic loss. Not only is one's entire belief system demolished, but the WTS also manages to cut off all social and familial contact in most cases, which leaves one floundering, possibly devastated, confused and bereft.

The opportunity to gather even more correct info on the WTS online and vent my spleen to others who've been through similar experiences, many even worse, was just the ticket to set me on the road to recovery.

I was angry for about 9 or 10 yrs after my dF'ing, mainly because the first 7 yrs were spent isolated without anyone to talk with about it. Once I got online, 7 yrs after my dF'ing, it only took a few years to get most of the anger and hostility out of my system and begin to heal.

Frannie

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

for me the anger was very strong for quite a long time. now it has subsided and it really only flares when I have to deal with someone who is being an arrogant JW or something like that. I feel more sadness than anger nowadays. The sadness only comes when I think of my neices and nephews and in laws who I love so much and how they all have written me off or tell their kids how awful I am because I don't love Jah.

it just takes time. I think it's important to let yourself be angry for as long as you need to be though. Don't try to fight it away, it will just come back later and you'll have to deal with it sooner or later.

venting here also helps tremendously! ;)

• mariposa
    mariposa

openfireglass's kitten is too cute

I try to think of any good things I did during the time I was in. Try to remember it wasn't all bad. HOWEVER, I still get po'd alot. There is too much I missed or could have done during that time which would make me a happier person now.

I've been more active here lately and I think it seems to help a bit.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    How have you dealt, or how are you dealing with the anger, frustration and rightful indignation that you may feel towards the WTS or even GOD for the way it so negatively impacted on your life?

I don't blame the WTS for the major negative impacts on my life anymore, because realistically, it was my decision to stay involved as an adult, and every way my life was "negatively" impacted involved a decision on my part to allow these things to happen. Whether that decision was because I was told not to doubt or do research and I obeyed those orders, or whether that decision was made in response to pressure from others and trying to please them, I still take responsibility for making that mistake and all the mistakes, like putting off college for them, etc. One thing I used to be really concerned about was that I am not married yet, but now I'm so glad it worked out that way. I would hate to be in a marriage with a JW believer and maybe kids, so at least one of my "disappointments" turned out to be a good thing.

I don't blame GOD for anything, because now that I've had some time to think about it, I am not convinced he actually exists. But when I was first found out this religion was just a cult, I would wonder why GOD allows these cults to exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit