Whoo hoo . . .I finally signed up

by Woofer 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Woofer
    Woofer

After a few months of lurking I decided to register.

Was raised a dub all my life . . .got married at 19 (BIGGG Mistake) because as you know "dating is only for marriage" (obviously not for trying to get to know someone better) and was married 11 months after I met my ex-husband. I felt a lot of pressure from both families to get married. After about 3 weeks of marriage I knew I made a huge mistake but what do I do? How do I get out of this shitty marriage? I did what I had to do . .I left.

I've been disfellowshipped for about 10 years now. None of my family speaks to me (except one sister, but as long as I don't tell anyone we talk). I have a daughter that my parents have never seen. It hurts me that they would choose religion over me. I was also molested by my MS brother-in-law. The "good news" is that my parents with speak to him and eat a meal with him because he was "sorry" (sorry he got told on) but they won't speak to me.

It's all good though . .I am currently engaged to a WONDERFUL man who loves me for who I am. For the first time in my life I am not afraid of getting zapped by a lightening bolt for doing something "bad" (sex before marriage, celebrating birthdays, Christmas).

I LOVE LIFE NOW!!!

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

As Morphous said to Neo apon waking from the Matrix: Welcome to the real world.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Welcome! It's always nice to get new people.

It's amazing how quick they are to overlook child abuse isn't it? Makes me so angry that I'm not fit to talk to but go ahead and invite an abuser over for tea.

Congratulations on your engagement!

Dams

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Congratulations, Woofer, and welcome to JWD! I'm so glad you decided to jump in and talk to us. I hope you enjoy the forum. Most everyone is so warm, caring and non-judgmental, such a breath of fresh air as compared to dubdom, eh?

Frannie

• Woofer
    Woofer

Thanks so much for the warm welcome.

My one sister who still speaks to me (ahem . .as long as no one knows) said she would love to come to my wedding. I am SOO excited to see her. I think she understands a little better then the rest of my family because she left "the un-truth" at 16 and married a worldy guy and pretty much lived her life as a person of the world until about 10 years ago when they both decided to study and get baptized. He ended up cheating on her and they got divorced. She is now married to a really nice guy who was not raised a dub, but came into the cult after his divorce . .so he understands what it's like to be on the "outside" and he doesn't mind speaking or seeing me.

Looking forward to posting some more!

• Spectre
    Spectre

Welcome!!!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    I LOVE LIFE NOW!!!

Well we'll soon fix that! nya ah arr..

Welcome to the JWD madhouse woofer

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi woofer, welcome to the forum!

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Welcome to the board!

• anewme
    anewme

Welcome Woofer! And congratulations on finding love and getting engaged again! See how life can become wonderful again? So many good things in your life! A child too! And your sister coming to your wedding!
    You have alot to be happy about now!

Look forward to your posts!

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit