Ever have a part on a convention or assembly?

by Frog 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

Yep, back in 2006. "Walking by Faith, Not by Sight" - the "Godly Fear" convention at U-Mass Amherst. Disfellowshipped less than a year later...isn't that fun!

• crapola
    crapola

I had to relate an experience of a Bible study that I had and I was scared to death!!! It was the more freaful thing I had ever done. In fact, I was sick the night before and thought I'd not even be able to do it. The things we went through. Whew!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

many many parts at least one a year. I hated it cuz you would have rehersal and the CO would change what you say? My last part I remember feeling so fake because I didn't want to even be there...

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Many of the onstage experiences seem to be reenactments or embelished. Perhaps some were outright fakes.

Bangalore

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I was on the experiences part once.

The subject?

Don't laugh ...

... Resisting apostasy.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Talk 4 on a CA once. the thing I remember the most was trying to encourge the sister with talk 3 from my congration who was very nervous.Trying to keep her calm and from running back to her seat.

Elsewhere, if you are still listening, That is the very first drama I can remember. They used to turn off the lights use spot slights and special colored lights.

AnnOMaly, let me guess, you played the part of the apostate?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Perhaps some were outright fakes.

Only that many?

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Yep.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

AnnOMaly, let me guess, you played the part of the apostate?

No, it was a true life experience. I was being held up as a good example to others on how to successfully resist apostasy.

• drzhivago73
    drzhivago73

4 times. 2 Interviews where you are coached on what to say to fit the point that the speaker (C.O.) was trying to make, also was involved in 2 demonstrations or enactments if you will. Mostly in my late teens, a very naive period of my life with regards to being a J.W. and impressing others with privileges.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit