"Waiting on Jehovah"

by jst2laws 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Just2,

Thanks for the reply. Nice to meet you. Would like to chat with you more. As I mentioned above, my big fear is hurting my family. Just being inactive as I have been, has caused a few problems, left out of things, etc. Just2, I know you mentioned above you have had doubts, but are you planning on exiting the organization?

You seem very encouraging. People seem to think if you are not in the "truth" you will lead a life of debauchery, so to speak. I believe very strongly in the bible and plan to abide by God's laws. Why is that not good enough to JWs?

I have seen it mentioned in other posts that those who leave the JWs just don't want to be told what to do or how to live their lives, or they have committed serious wrongdoing and just don't want to take responsibility for their actions. I am sure those are factors for some people. But not everyone. What if you are just fed up with all the politics and B.S. that goes on? It seems anymore, as I have mentioned, that the meaning of being a true Christian is lost with alot of JWs. Sure, none of us are perfect, but we can try anyway.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Thanks,

Vita

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Vita,
    When I first started posting here I felt the organization was at best one of the stewards over “God’s household” in Luke 12:45-48, but not the “faithful” one. BTW, that seems to be the original discussion of the “faithful” slave issue that Jesus was only throwing back to in Matt 24. But I told my self good or bad slave it is still God’s household. I’m sorry if this offends you, but I no longer believe the WT society is anything special. I am confident by your comments you are a good person, and you are right to ask, why can’t that be enough. IT IS GOOD ENOUGH! That’s what true Christianity is about: Faith, Hope and Love.

The organization of Jehovah’s Witnesses, which I am still a part of, goes beyond the scriptures with their New “good news” they want all to preach, they regulate almost every aspect of behavior of their associates, often to their harm (mandates regulating use of blood, discouraging college, disfellowshipping., secrecy regarding harmful pedophiles in the congregation, to mention a few) and they have good, innocent people like you never feeling good about yourself while hiding the Bible message that you can be Right with God right now with just one requirement (Rom 5:1).

To answer your question, Yes, I will eventually leave. As stated in the first post of this thread I’m only hanging on to reach others with the truth about the truth. As for you Vita, I hope you have read or will read Ray Franz’s second book “In Search of Christian Freedom”. And any other of my brothers at the Kingdom Hall, if you want the truth without sarcasm and from a fellow Christian who has had more privileges and experience in the organization than anyone you have known, go to this site and order Ray’s books.
    http://www.commentarypress.com

Quit waiting on Jehovah, before he quits waiting on you.

Jst2laws

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Just2,

Again, I enjoyed your post. You really have been a JW for a long time. It's funny, I go through different emotions each day. At times I think I should just go back to meetings and just concentrate on the good aspects of it, and my friends. But then, I start feeling like I am not being true to myself, it's such a rollercoaster ride. The JWs do have alot of good points, good advice on living, etc. There are times I look at them and think it must be the truth because they are different than alot of people in the " world " . Sometimes, I do feel the love of friends there. But I am so confused. I don't want to make a life altering decision that will be a big mistake if it is the "truth". I don't want God to look down on me at armageddon and be angry with me for not serving Him the way He wanted me to.

I know I sound like I am rambling on, But I really am scared. I wish I knew for sure.

Looking forward to hearing from you Just2, thanks!

Vita

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Vita,

I don't want to make a life altering decision that will be a big mistake if it is the "truth". I don't want God to look down on me at armageddon and be angry with me for not serving Him the way He wanted me to.

We witnesses have spent lives motivated by guilt and fear but if you are a reader you know these motives were absent in early Christianity. Love, faith and freedom were common subjects and motives. We need to talk. Please e-mail me. [email protected]

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit