"Waiting on Jehovah"

by jst2laws 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

My friends,

I just finished a holiday week-end with old friends in the organization. All they knew when they came was that I had recently resigned as a elder. When they left a few hours ago they knew much more. Both family heads are appointed elders, whom I assisted to enter this organization in the first place. I was VERY forward with them. Several times the remark was make, “you sound like an apostate”. I believe they both love me as much or more than the organization. But I have been wrong before, or I would not find myself in this predicament to begin with. One views me as a spiritual father, the other as his brother and mentor. But likely one will be compelled to be more “loyal” to the organization than to me.

My wife was supportive and participated in the discussions as well. We both know this could be the end for us, but feel it must come eventually, for our sakes the sooner the better. We are only hanging around to share the truth with as many as we can. I feel my children will come with us when we are exposed, but regret my aged parents will be hurt and other relatives will cut us off. The good news is that some friends have already been reached with enough truth to ‘set them free’.

To you who walk this tightrope with us I commend you for your perseverance. For those who quit this game ages ago, you have my respect. To those lurking, wondering why things seem so wrong but ‘where else are we to go’ I want to extend my sympathy and support. I have always believed we must “wait on Jehovah”. Yet HE is waiting on YOU! Search all you can in the Wtlib and index and you find God’s people never “waited” on Jehovah to do the right thing. Instead God waited on his people to do the right thing.

Jehovah’s Witnesses reading this message: Quite waiting on God before He quits waiting on you.
    E-mail me if you wish.

Jst2laws

• jurs
    jurs

Jst2laws,

That must have been a difficult decision for you to make. I'm a big believer in living life truthfully and without deceit. For some that comes with a heavy price. My guess is that you'll have a bumpy road ahead of you. I respect what you did and hope all goes well for you. It took alot of courage to open up the way you did and I think you may have planted seeds of truth to one day help someone else.
    Keep us posted and know we are here to support you in the event of difficult times ahead.

Take care
    Jurs

• Grunt
    Grunt

Hello jst2laws,
    I am sure you weighed everything carefully before taking the step and that you are aware of how much stress lies ahead. I wish you well and hope that your estimates on those you care about coming out with you are accurate. Either way, I wish you all the best and commend you for your courage and integrity.

• chester
    chester

Hello jst2laws,

When you made the post "JST2LAWS is TOAST!" back on June 16th you gained my admiration and respect.

That admiration and respect is greater today. It takes a lot of courage to do what you have done.

I wish the best for you and your family.

Chester

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Thanks Jurs and Grunt.
    While we know the ultimate outcome, it is hard to anticipate where the worst bumps in the road will be. The bottom line is we are free as Paul said in Galations 5:1 but those who want to keep us under a yoke will keep pressing. I'm still a Christian who expects a beating (luke 12:45-48)from the "steward" but we will survive.

Chester, Thanks for the best wishes. We will have to see if these friends will put love ahead of loyalty to men. I appreciate your remembering my last update you noted. I'm sure their are hundreds like my family on this journey. Good wishes to you too.

Jst2laws

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

jst2laws, congratulations on taking a courageous step. Don't expect too much right away. Usually it takes a long time for others to totally assimilate what you have told them. In fact, they will most likely try to bury any salient points deep so that they don't have to face the realization that they have been living and supporting a lie.

Eventually, however, there is a good chance that they will begin to think, and then to act.

Best of luck to you on your journey.

• zev
    zev

i only wish...

i had your testiclular fortitude. my thoughts and prayers are with you. i know it was not an easy thing. my circumstances do not allow for me to do what you have done, as my wife will not listen to anything i try to talk about. therefore i will take another route off this sitting on the fence position. may your desires and hopes come to be.

sincerly
    zev

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

zev, just remember that each one of us needs to do what is right for us personally. No one way is correct for everyone. Just take your time and do what is necessary for your own peace of mind. ***HUGS****

• outnfree
    outnfree

Zev,
    Ditto what RHW said!
    I hope you are able to carefully find your own way.

Jst2Laws,

I have been impressed with you and your posts since I first read some things you posted on H2O. Your personal integrity is plain for all to see, and I hope that these men you spoke to from the heart will allow their love for you to help them digest rather than reject the material you offered. I also hope that the fallout from your eventual leave-taking will be miniscule -- less daunting than you imagine. We will be here for you regardless.

And maybe we'll be treated to more posts as one of the more favorable outcomes! One can always hope!

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• uncle_onion
    uncle_onion

Well done "S" . It is better to die for what you believe in than live for what you dont.

Take care and keep in touch.

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit