What do you have now?

by osmosis 25 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is such a WTS question, based on the arrogance that only they are happy, have meaningful lives and know truth. It comes from years of training that you are nothing without the organisation. In reality people in general have purpose and meaning, the majority of people in surveys claim to believe in God and to be happy.

Leaving was such a huge relief from a life time of manipulation and guilt. It is great to be able to think and feel as an individual, based on freedom of choice. Is that not what God gave Adam?

• garybuss
    garybuss

What has leaving given you?

Tuesday evening.
    Wednesday evening.
    Thursday evening.
    Saturday morning.
    All day Sunday.
    Freedom from circuit assemblies.
    Freedom from district conventions.
    No more listening to lunatics talking about demons.
    Freedom from associating with people who told me they don't like me.
    Freedom to talk to who I want, when I want, about what I want.
    Freedom to read what I want, when I want.
    A much better life.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Everyone else has pretty much summed it up. Relief, Freedom, no more guilt, no more men (that I do not know) micromanaging my life, and as goofy as I used to think this sounded before, I have found Jesus. The greek scriptures are full of believe in Jesus, and before I didn't, I believed in the F&DS. They were Jesus and Jehovah, they guided me and taught me. Now, I read the bible with a different understanding and I don't need anyones interpertation. Now, I don't have to think about only six million or less people making it into a new system. And I can actually believe in a God of love.

Loruhamah

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well i dont have anything much...

no real friends....just college aquaintances who are fun for a bit but who generally over indulge

no marriage...and no-one i would feel strongly enough to want to marry

no belief...the shattering of a belief system so strongly held that i dont believe anything anymore

no close family ties...the only thing i really had in common with my family was 'the truth' and we avoid that subject

no meaningful goals....college is fun and interesting and i will continue to pursue my musical efforts until.....but its not rewarding or fulfilling

no freedom...cos no one has absolute freedom..we are all slaves to something....freedom is over-rated and is just another word for nothing left to lose..

so what do i have now....nothing much....but i still wont go back

i would rather live in hope

than live alone or live a lie

but i would rather live alone

than live a lie........"Losing faith" - the irony

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

That's some painful honesty there, tij...

~Merry

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

I have "Must See TV"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit