Please don't play the old JW context busting game. Here is what I wrote:
Judging God are we? I just want you to make it clear so that someday you will remember it with regret.....better to bend the knee now knowing of the sweet salvation freely offered to all. Everyone gets older then they face death, though that fact is easy enough to ignore.
We both agree that we will grow old and die - as you rightly say, that is a fact. We depart on what happens next. When a human dies his body will decompose or be cremated and be recycled by the earth in the same way as a fallen tree. That is provable and I don't doubt that you'd agree with it. However, you insist on going further Rex. Prove your claims that a dead man can live again - whether in flesh or 'spirit'.
Materialism will just leave you with a God sized hole in your heart. Trust me on this: nothing that you do to exalt yourself will bring you any lasting peace.
You have made many posts denouncing Islam. In doing so, have you exalted yourself above Allah? You judge Allah to be a false god, I simply say "all gods are false".
1) You judge God first of all by doing what you claim I do, i.e. being literalistic. Your argument commits suicide.
Okay. Here are the verses I used in this thread to judge god. If their meaning is not literal what is it?! It is a slippery and unfair approach to ignore the barbarism of selected verses by claiming that the offensive content within should not be understood literally.
(Leviticus 20:9) 9 “‘In case there should be any man who calls down evil upon his father and his mother, he should be put to death without fail. It is his father and his mother upon whom he has called down evil. His own blood is upon him.
(Psalm 137:8-9) 8 O daughter of Babylon, who are to be despoiled, Happy will he be that rewards you With your own treatment with which you treated us. 9 Happy will he be that grabs ahold and does dash to pieces Your children against the crag.
(Numbers 31:17-18) 17 And now kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has had intercourse with man by lying with a male. 18 And preserve alive for yourselves all the little ones among the women who have not known the act of lying with a male.
Interestingly (and sickeningly), verse 18 seems to be referring to little girls who have not slept with men and that it is these who should be preserved "for yourselves"- the soldiers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Jehovah is here sanctioning the rape of young girls.
And you also ignored my follow-up question;
Tell me, why is god so sexist? Why would he command "kill every male among the little ones"and in the same decree state "preserve alive for yourselves all the little ones among the women"? And why specifically all the little girls who were virgins?
2) In the past you have expressed belief in the materialistic world and it's reasoning OVER the personal relationship with God, right? Ah! Now here I will offer you an apology. When you called me materialistic I thought you meant that as a 'godless' atheist I only value material things - money and possesions. In fact you're actual meaning is correct, I do value this material life and reason over the myth and superstion of a supposed relationship with god.
3) We all get older (by comparison some die very young) and die at some point, right? You fail to consider the logical reasoning of Pascal and the further logical reasoning by Christians like C.S. Lewis. "the logical reasoning of Pascal" Please tell me you're not referring to his infamous wager?! Logical?! You are kidding right. If you truly want to get into this with me open a new thread on the subject and I'll be happy to oblige.
4) Since you claim to be able to decide that 'God is wrong', that makes you exalting of self, i.e. self idolatry. I do not claim that god is wrong, I claim that he does not exist. I exalt humanity above 'god'.
5) I simply pointed out the facts that you fail to consider in your own arrogance. Well I guess I could trot out trite statements exactly like that about you that but it's not constructive and doesn't get us anywhere does it?
6) I wasn't 'sweet and polite' nor did I compromise. Doing either weakens my own reasonable argument. It give you room to 'weasle out' of your precarious position in life. Compromise can certainly weaken an argument but good manners never do. Throwing mud at me by calling me an idolatrous, self-exalting fool does not refute a single word I have written. Those are the tactics of a debater whose argument - far from being reasonable - is truly precarious!
7) You respect those who compromise rather than treat you like an adult and be bluntly honest. I respect those who do not make personal attacks or suggest that I will face a death-blow judgement from their god.
8) You seek to mold me in that direction by twisting the context of my argument. Your arguments are twisted and convoluted enough without me having to go anywhere near them.