Bible stories swept under the carpet

by jgnat 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LDH
    LDH
    God's wrath and judgement are indeed terrible to behold. The WTS tries to apologize for God here. It is simply history and bears a warning for nations that practice devilish things. I wonder what will happen to western civilization for making abortion so cheap, legal and easy to obtain?

YEah DAMMIT! You better reck-a-nize!!!!

Jehovah doesn't want you killing ANY of his babies early! He wants them saved so he gets to have all the fun for himself!!!

Starving kids in Africa that die before their fifth birthday

Sweatshops in Cambodia and India that abuse children for years

Underage sex shops that make these girls who were forced into prostitution catch all kinds of diseases!!!

Hells yeah! Why cut off the fun early when you can see so much suffering later?

Lisa

Fo-Shizzle Class

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed
    Jehovah doesn't want you killing ANY of his babies early! He wants them saved so he gets to have all the fun for himself!!!

What a Twisted Little Sister...LOL

Axel

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hey Nicolau,
    Please don't play the old JW context busting game. Here is what I wrote:
    Judging God are we? I just want you to make it clear so that someday you will remember it with regret.....better to bend the knee now knowing of the sweet salvation freely offered to all. Everyone gets older then they face death, though that fact is easy enough to ignore. Materialism will just leave you with a God sized hole in your heart. Trust me on this: nothing that you do to exalt yourself will bring you any lasting peace. The Preacher was absolutely spot-on in Ecclesiasties. Thumb your nose, play the fool, cackle and cavort all that you want.
    You honestly can't see the reaching out within the chiding? Here is the reasoning used:
    1) You judge God first of all by doing what you claim I do, i.e. being literalistic. Your argument commits suicide.
    2) In the past you have expressed belief in the materialistic world and it's reasoning OVER the personal relationship with God, right?
    3) We all get older (by comparison some die very young) and die at some point, right? You fail to consider the logical reasoning of Pascal and the further logical reasoning by Christians like C.S. Lewis.
    4) Since you claim to be able to decide that 'God is wrong', that makes you exalting of self, i.e. self idolatry.
    5) I simply pointed out the facts that you fail to consider in your own arrogance.
    6) I wasn't 'sweet and polite' nor did I compromise. Doing either weakens my own reasonable argument. It give you room to 'weasle out' of your precarious position in life.
    7) You respect those who compromise rather than treat you like an adult and be bluntly honest.
    8) You seek to mold me in that direction by twisting the context of my argument.
    Rex

• james_woods
    james_woods

Hi Nicolau -

Noticed with great interest that you have read Pascal. I liked him as a mathematician but his religious writings leave me completely cold. They sound (to me) more like a drug or disease induced rant than anything else. I don't think he produced anything scientific after giving in to this religious frenzy.

Wonder what his pal Fermat thought about his pathetic later years?

• Shining One
    Shining One

>Is it possible that some of the old bible stories have lost relevance today?
    Which ones ARE relevant and how do you decide that with consistency?
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

>we need to throw out the slavish reverence to the bible commands that some people demand we follow.
    What commands are 'slavish' and how do you decide that question?
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/110429/1929167/post.ashx#1929167
    Your answers for you, Nico. Am I specific enough?
    Rex

• LDH
    LDH

Axel,

So does this mean you love me?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hey Nicolau,

Please don't play the old JW context busting game. Here is what I wrote:

Judging God are we? I just want you to make it clear so that someday you will remember it with regret.....better to bend the knee now knowing of the sweet salvation freely offered to all. Everyone gets older then they face death, though that fact is easy enough to ignore.

We both agree that we will grow old and die - as you rightly say, that is a fact. We depart on what happens next. When a human dies his body will decompose or be cremated and be recycled by the earth in the same way as a fallen tree. That is provable and I don't doubt that you'd agree with it. However, you insist on going further Rex. Prove your claims that a dead man can live again - whether in flesh or 'spirit'.

Materialism will just leave you with a God sized hole in your heart. Trust me on this: nothing that you do to exalt yourself will bring you any lasting peace.

You have made many posts denouncing Islam. In doing so, have you exalted yourself above Allah? You judge Allah to be a false god, I simply say "all gods are false".

1) You judge God first of all by doing what you claim I do, i.e. being literalistic. Your argument commits suicide.

Okay. Here are the verses I used in this thread to judge god. If their meaning is not literal what is it?! It is a slippery and unfair approach to ignore the barbarism of selected verses by claiming that the offensive content within should not be understood literally.

(Leviticus 20:9) 9 “‘In case there should be any man who calls down evil upon his father and his mother, he should be put to death without fail. It is his father and his mother upon whom he has called down evil. His own blood is upon him.

(Psalm 137:8-9) 8 O daughter of Babylon, who are to be despoiled, Happy will he be that rewards you With your own treatment with which you treated us. 9 Happy will he be that grabs ahold and does dash to pieces Your children against the crag.

(Numbers 31:17-18) 17 And now kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has had intercourse with man by lying with a male. 18 And preserve alive for yourselves all the little ones among the women who have not known the act of lying with a male.

Interestingly (and sickeningly), verse 18 seems to be referring to little girls who have not slept with men and that it is these who should be preserved "for yourselves"- the soldiers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that Jehovah is here sanctioning the rape of young girls.

And you also ignored my follow-up question;

Tell me, why is god so sexist? Why would he command "kill every male among the little ones"and in the same decree state "preserve alive for yourselves all the little ones among the women"? And why specifically all the little girls who were virgins?
    2) In the past you have expressed belief in the materialistic world and it's reasoning OVER the personal relationship with God, right? Ah! Now here I will offer you an apology. When you called me materialistic I thought you meant that as a 'godless' atheist I only value material things - money and possesions. In fact you're actual meaning is correct, I do value this material life and reason over the myth and superstion of a supposed relationship with god.

3) We all get older (by comparison some die very young) and die at some point, right? You fail to consider the logical reasoning of Pascal and the further logical reasoning by Christians like C.S. Lewis. "the logical reasoning of Pascal" Please tell me you're not referring to his infamous wager?! Logical?! You are kidding right. If you truly want to get into this with me open a new thread on the subject and I'll be happy to oblige.
    4) Since you claim to be able to decide that 'God is wrong', that makes you exalting of self, i.e. self idolatry. I do not claim that god is wrong, I claim that he does not exist. I exalt humanity above 'god'.

5) I simply pointed out the facts that you fail to consider in your own arrogance. Well I guess I could trot out trite statements exactly like that about you that but it's not constructive and doesn't get us anywhere does it?

6) I wasn't 'sweet and polite' nor did I compromise. Doing either weakens my own reasonable argument. It give you room to 'weasle out' of your precarious position in life. Compromise can certainly weaken an argument but good manners never do. Throwing mud at me by calling me an idolatrous, self-exalting fool does not refute a single word I have written. Those are the tactics of a debater whose argument - far from being reasonable - is truly precarious!

7) You respect those who compromise rather than treat you like an adult and be bluntly honest. I respect those who do not make personal attacks or suggest that I will face a death-blow judgement from their god.

8) You seek to mold me in that direction by twisting the context of my argument. Your arguments are twisted and convoluted enough without me having to go anywhere near them.
  • thinker
    thinker

PUBLIC NUDITY: Isaiah goes nudist for three years

Isaiah 20:3 And Jehovah went on to say: "Just as my servant Isaiah has walked about naked and barefoot three years...

PENIS ENVY: Those Egyptians are hung like horses!

Eze 23:

20 And she kept lusting in the style of concubines belonging to those whose fleshly member is as the fleshly member of male asses and whose genital organ is as the genital organ of male horses.

SEX TOYS:

Eze 16:17 And you would take your beautiful articles from my gold and from my silver that I had given to you and you would make for yourself images of a male and prostitute yourself with them.

thinker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit