Bible stories swept under the carpet

by jgnat 75 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'll start.

Judges 4:21 Jeal drove a tent peg through the head of a sleeping king.

Judges 19:29 A man cut up the body of his raped and murdered concubine and sent the twelve parts to the twelve tribes of Israel.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Tamar and Judah

• blondie
    blondie

The account of the Israelite man marrying a non-Israelite woman

(Deuteronomy 7:3,4--Compare)

(Deuteronomy 21:10-13) 10 "In case you go out to the battle against your enemies and Jehovah your God has given them into your hand and you have carried them away captive; 11 and you have seen among the captives a woman beautiful in form, and you have got attached to her and taken her for your wife, 12 you must then bring her into the midst of your house. She must now shave her head and attend to her nails, 13 and remove the mantle of her captivity from off her and dwell in your house and weep for her father and her mother a whole lunar month; and after that you should have relations with her, and you must take possession of her as your bride, and she must become your wife.

If Hagar was slavegirl, did she have a choice in bearing Ishmael?

(Genesis 16:1-4) 16 Now Sar´ai, A´bram’s wife, had borne him no children; but she had an Egyptian maidservant and her name was Ha´gar. 2 Hence Sar´ai said to A´bram: "Please now! Jehovah has shut me off from bearing children. Please, have relations with my maidservant. Perhaps I may get children from her." So A´bram listened to the voice of Sar´ai. 3 Then Sar´ai, A´bram’s wife, took Ha´gar, her Egyptian maidservant, at the end of ten years of A´bram’s dwelling in the land of Ca´naan, and gave her to A´bram her husband as his wife. 4 Accordingly he had relations with Ha´gar, and she became pregnant. When she became aware that she was pregnant, then her mistress began to be despised in her eyes.
  • IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    A man cut up the body

Not just any man, but a Levite at that. It seems god favored what he did too.

Tamar and Judah

Judah's family was creepy, from Jacob on down. God kills Tamar's hubby for wickedness, then kills her brother inlaw for having sex with her but not finishing the act. Then Judah has sex with Tamar mistaking her as a prositute.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

Lot's daughters, Genesis 19:30-38 -

"And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth: Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father."

• damselfly
    damselfly

The only one I had remembered was Jael and the tent peg.

The bible seems to be very similiar to x-rated movies.

Dams

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hoo, yeah, who can forget the Song of Solomon. The WTBTS has the audacity to claim that SHE of the TOWERING WHITE TOWERS DRIPPING OF MILK AND HONEY is the society, and HE of the DARK BUT BEAUTIFUL with his hands every where which is JEHOVAH.

• blondie
    blondie

Why did Jonathan, Saul's son, and David's friend die? For Saul's sins? Why did he let David live, who committed adultery and had the woman's husband murdered?

(1 Samuel 31:1-2) . . .. 2 And the Phi·lis´tines kept in close range of Saul and his sons; and the Phi·lis´tines at last struck down Jon´a·than and A·bin´a·dab and Mal´chi-shu´a, Saul’s sons.

That a man raping an unmarried or unengaged virgin, would not be put to death.

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29) 28 "In case a man finds a girl, a virgin who has not been engaged, and he actually seizes her and lies down with her, and they have been found out, 29 the man who lay down with her must also give the girl’s father fifty silver shekels, and she will become his wife due to the fact that he humiliated her. He will not be allowed to divorce her all his days.
  • RunningMan
    RunningMan

The last chapter of Leviticus, which puts a dollar value on each type of human sacrifice.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I kind of liked the concept of the city of refuge idea. If a guy accidentally killed his buddy in a drunken rage, he could travel to the "city of refuge" and live out his days without fear of retibution from the dead man's family. Kind of like a permanent house arrest.

I also wondered if Isreal ever seriously followed through on a year of Jubilee. The idea of redistributing the land back to the original owners once in a while, what a concept! I've often wondered how Jubilee would affect modern economics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit