Questions You'd Like To Ask DOZY & Does Dozy have enough faith to answer?

by whyizit 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Berean
    Berean

"Berean,
    Dozy is not a Witness in "good standing", otherwise they would not be here. A so called "Witness" in good standing, and following the Governing Body, would absolutely NEVER even look at this site. One would have to conclude that they are a "Troll" on this site.

I disagree. Completely. I believe Dozy is not only a Witness in good standing, but is currently serving as an elder (probably SO or PO) in a local congregation somewhere. I do not believe Dozy is a troll.

I believe Dozy is here to try and influence lurkers and JWs with doubts to move away from this site and to have stringer confidence in the Governing Body's direction. I see Dozy as someone with incredibly honorable intentions doing exactly what his conscience motivates him to do, despite the fact that his choice walks a fine line between overstepping GB directions.

This is the course of action someone who understands conscience would take, and is the reason I sign posts to him "Respectfully." Dozy strikes me as a man of a very high degree of integrity and that is a quality I admire and respect very much, whether I agree with the person or not.
    Why encourage such a person?

Because lurkers and current JWs need to see our engagements with those (like Dozy and A Friend In Need) who come here to save them from the dreaded apostates. You don't have to engage them if you choose not to, Berean. But why discourage others from doing so?

Respectfully,

AuldSoul"

Ok. I everyone else thinks Dozy is not a troll... I must be mistaken. My apologies.

I do, however, think that anyone viewing this site is not following the "Societies" direction. They may be in "good standing" outwardly, yet they are leading a "double life" in reference to the Society. No matter who they are, and no matter how they try to justify being here, they are not following direction from the GB.

I tend to call them like I see them; however, in this case I may (or may not) be wrong.

See everyone on the "other side"... Bye!

• osmosis
    osmosis

Dozy, as you can see there are some very intelligent and articulate people on here, and there are also some lost souls and destroyed lives.

I don't think anyone should discourage you from being here, other points of view should always be considered by everyone. Some will call you an apologist or hypocrite for being here, I'm sure you will ignore them.

As long as you're here to listen, as well as talk. I hope you're not here for the sole purpose of steering people back to "the truth", and will absorb some of the stuff you can learn here.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Dozy said:

The current generation of JWs are far less vulnerable to GB attempts to influence their choice regarding children - most simply (and correctly) ignored the talk on "Responsible Childbearing" given a few years ago.

Sounds like a pretty strong indictment of the GB to me. So why should anyone else trust them, if even their followers (correctly) don't?

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Legolas--you're at the nub of the issue, stick with him.

Thanks!

I want to...If he would only reply!

I don't unerstand why he just doesn't come out and tell us 'what' his doubts are!...We could all tell him what we think and that way he could get a bigger picture of things!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

If a Witness believes that they have the truth, that's up to them - they're free to live within their comfortable little cage. But aside from that fact that some of their beliefs are demonstrably false (such as 607), some of them remain members simply because they feel trapped - having doubts but being afraid of losing their social network. And they certainly shouldn't be pushing their beliefs onto other people if they don't fully believe them themselves.

I have heard Witnesses say things like "Even if I knew it was wasn't true, I wouldn't leave." While that may sound all loyal and noble, it boils down to hypocracy; it is exactly the same thing of which Witnesses (and the pages of the Watchtower) condescendingly accuse people of other religions.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I have heard Witnesses say things like "Even if I knew it was wasn't true, I wouldn't leave." While that may sound all loyal and noble, it boils down to hypocracy; it is exactly the same thing of which Witnesses (and the pages of the Watchtower) condescendingly accuse people of other religions

Here here, Jeffro! This is exactly the kind of problem I have with these sorts of posters, who will question "some" of the watchtower policies from one side of their mouth, then vigorously defend the most ridiculous watchtower bullshit from the other side of their mouths. You hit the nail on the head. Its hypocrisy, plain and simple.

To be more blunt, this is a public discussion forum. I think everyone has the right to say whatever they want, even the JW apologists. But having said that, I maintain the right to call them on their watchtower propaganda as I see fit.

I completely disagree with this mamby-pamby "awwww shucks, dont scare off the apologists" mentality. Sometimes the best treatment for them is good old "tough love", doled out generously by us apostate types!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Kid-A, if you're gonna quote me in big bright-red letters, do you reckon you could fix my typos?

Sheesh... I can't believe I misspelled 'hypocrisy'. 'Hypocracy'... I guess that would mean 'rule by the lowest'.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Kid-A, if you're gonna quote me in big bright-red letters, do you reckon you could fix my typos?

LMAO!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit