Questions You'd Like To Ask DOZY & Does Dozy have enough faith to answer?

by whyizit 37 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

Dozy seems to be okay with the UN deal.

I've got some relatively simple questions that I would like answered from the Bible, by DOZY! If Dozy has enough faith to do it.

I would like to see one verse from the Bible that actually says Jesus & Michael the archangel are one and the same. I can't find it, don't know where they got this idea from the Bible, and I would like to have it proven to me once and for all. From the Bible, NOT from a complicated WT pamphlet or publication.

I would also like to know what happened to the people who were disfellowshipped many years ago for accepting organ transplants and vaccinations? NOW they are allowed, so what happened? Did the Bible change? Please show me where and when it changed. Were these people welcomed back with open arms and given an appology? How about the people who had children die, because they were forbidden vaccinations? They believed the WTS and allowed their children to die. Did these people receive an appology?

How about the people who gave up having children, because they thought the world was going to end in 1925, 1975, etc....? Now they are elderly and have no one to care for them. Does the WTS pay their rent for all their years of faithful service? Do they help them with medical expenses? Pay for their nursing home expenses? (They surely don't expect the Satanic Government to pick up the bill!)

Since JWs won't have anything to do with the Worldy Governments"(such as military service, voting, saluting the flag, etc...EXCEPT the UN deal, that is!) , am I also safe to assume that they do not accept public assistance? So JWs should not participate in accepting food stamps, welfare, disability, social security, medicare, etc....RIGHT? Doesn't make sense to take money from Satan, now does it?

The 144,000 have got to be coming from the end of the age, right? They can't possibly be the early members of the WTS! Those people all believed pagan doctrines, after all. They celebrated Christmas, birthdays, believed in the cross, accepted blood transfusions, smoked, etc.....It only makes sense that the people with the purest beliefs would be among the 144,000, right? Why would Jehovah allow a bunch of people who practiced paganism in His heavenly temple?

Doesn't the KIT say it is okay to pray to Jesus? John 14:14 in the original Greek...."YOU should ask ME in the name of ME this shall I do". Ask WHO? In WHO's name? WHO will do it? Why did the translators of the NWT translate it differently than thier own Greek scholars transcribed it?

Why did the NWT translators mis-translate Luke 17:21? The KIT original Greek does NOT say the kingdom is in your midst. It says the kingdom is inside of YOU! Why did they mistranslate that?

What does Rev. 22:18-19 say about mistranslating Scriptures?

I've got plenty more, but maybe some of the others have some questions you could answer. I'm very interested in hearing the answer to mine. Please post them here, so we can all know the answers.

• integ
    integ

I would like to ask Dozy if there is ONE THING that the Watchtower has ever predicted that actually has come true. Besides "Well we see that things just keep getting worse in the world, just as the watchtower predicted".

-Worse as compared to WHAT? The middle ages were much worse than today. So were the 1860's, etc. etc. etc.

This would take me hours to write down all the things that I would like explanations for, but will never get them because the witnesses always shut their mouths when it comes to logic.

-Integ.

• Nina
    Nina
    I've got some relatively simple questions that I would like answered from the Bible, by DOZY!

Well then why don't you PM Dozy and ask?

Take the discussion(s) offline and report back with a summary IF there is anything to report.

Spare the rest of us the agony.

Nina

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

I'd like to know if Dozy feels guilty for visiting this site?

• dozy
    dozy

So many questions - so little time! I'm not a WT apologist & my very presence on this site shows that I have certain doubts about some processes , doctrines etc , although I don't take the baby/bathwater attitude.

Just to briefly address a couple of points - one favourable to the WTS & one not so...

"Why did the NWT translators mis-translate Luke 17:21? The KIT original Greek does NOT say the kingdom is in your midst. It says the kingdom is inside of YOU! Why did they mistranslate that?"

They didn't & you have been misinformed.The Greek word involved is "entos" In Luke 17:21, entos is used with "you," and from the context, we can see that Jesus was speaking to a crowd of Pharisees, who had come to question Him about the Kingdom of God (verse 20). "You," then, is plural. Most modern translations have recognized this grammatical error and translate entos as "among" or "in the midst of." Some texts, like the New King James and the New International versions, persist in using "within," though they note in the margin that "among" is an alternative. Translation is an art , not a science & the scripture in Revelation deals with people adding or taking away from the scriptures , not the somtimes complex translation of difficult verses (of which this isn't an example). As a general point , before criticising the NWT do a simple search through other translations , especially more modern ones. This clears up 99% of queries.

How about the people who gave up having children, because they thought the world was going to end in 1925, 1975, etc....?Now they are elderly and have no one to care for them.Does the WTS pay their rent for all their years of faithful service? Do they help them with medical expenses? Pay for their nursing home expenses?

The WTS bears a heavy responsibilty for promoting such dates. My father for many years was bitter about 1975 as he made tremendous sacrifices , giving up his work and moving many miles to serve "where the need was greater". The lame WTS "apology" in the yearbook didn't exactly help matters. Ultimately , however , we are all accountable & look after our own load. The current generation of JWs are far less vulnerable to GB attempts to influence their choice regarding children - most simply (and correctly) ignored the talk on "Responsible Childbearing" given a few years ago. My KH resembles a kindergarten!

• Frog
    Frog
    Ultimately , however , we are all accountable & look after our own load.

I disagree with the idea behind this statement Dozy used in this context...

The self-appointed FDS are entirely responsible for misleading many 1000s of their loyal followers on this one. We all know that the WT has an intense mental, emotional and physical hold on it's followers through prescribed strict adherance to WT laws. A person may enter the WT of their own free will but they are not permitted to be liberal minded once they're in it. Don't get me wrong I'm all for be accountable for our life choices, but in this particular situation there are a great many other factors to take into account. The FDS mislead their people into believing they can put their trust entirely in them, and not be overly concerned with thinking for themselves, thus the dub drone mentality. To put your load on Jehovahs really means to shift your load mentally on to the WT org, even though they can do relatively little to alleviate the personal troubles and frustrations of those who do.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    So many questions - so little time! I'm not a WT apologist & my very presence on this site shows that I have certain doubts about some processes , doctrines etc , although I don't take the baby/bathwater attitude.

Well it is either the 'truth' or it is not!...That is of course, if you believe in God whole soled and believe that he is never wrong or lies.

So what are your doubts?

What would you like to ask or know?

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Interesting post, very curious what dozy has to say about the deaths of those who refused organ transplants and vaccinations based on WTS misguidance. I told a JW who came to my door that I was raised a JW and my bible trained conscience would not allow me to remain a part of a blood guilty organization like the WTS. She was shocked, what did i mean? I told her about people dying for no biblical reason because they obeyed the WTS about org trans and vacc. Her reply? They'll be rewarded for their faith in the ressurection! I told her faith in who and what? If God and the bible didn't ask this of them, then who did? She said the FDS, so I said, so the JWs faith was in men, that's why they died or were df'ed if they didn't obey. She had no reply so what do you say dozy? People died, do you get that? And when the blood issue is reversed quietly and cowardly like they change everything else, what about all the people and children who died? The gb's motto should be: So much bloodguilt, so little time!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Questions You'd Like To Ask DOZY & Does Dozy have enough faith to answer?

I have only one question for you, Dozy.

Is Jesus the mediator between you and the Father?

• dozy
    dozy

11 questions & counting! Sorry - as previously stated I am not here as an apologist for the WTS. I'm not here to take on all comers.

In fairness , you know the answers to these questions from a Jehovah's witness standpoint and could probably answer them better than I could. Indeed , you probably answered up at the meetings and responded to queries in the ministry backing up these answers. You used to believe in it and taught others such matters - you no longer do so now.

You are like my son - Why can't I stay up to 11pm & watch the football? He knows the answer , but doesn't accept it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit