Afgan Muslim to Christian Convert faces DEATH PENALTY !

by Rabbit 35 Replies latest social current

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

That's interesting about him "presenting himself to the police station," I had not read that.

Maybe he is "crazy" and wants to be a martyr. Beats me. Whatever happens, at least this very subject has been brought up in the minds & media of the world. Like JW's that want "out", there must be many Muslims that only profess belief in their religion -- out of fear.

This dialogue over the freedom to simply 'change religions' surely makes the Clerics in the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses...uncomfortable.

Rabbit

• bebu
    bebu

I'm reading that someone said that he has been hearing voices, and also that he doesn't talk like a "normal" person. (?) I don't know if that is true or if the govt. is trying to create a case of insanity in order to avoid a trial.

I understand that Rahman went to the police station on an unrelated matter (can't find what that was, but I thought I read somewhere it was a domestic issue) and was discovered by police to have a Bible with him. At that point he was asked if he was a Christian and he said yes. I hope there will be more details about this whole thing soon.

bebu

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

How ironic. Back during the crusades, he would have been beheaded for NOT converting to Christianity!! ROFL!!!!! ... tsk tsk, religion is so petty.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There is no way Karzaii wants to take the US on but neither does he want to piss his own clerics off either - playing at insanity sounds clever to me

• orbison11
    orbison11

9:15 pm pst from cnn Associated Press reports Abdul Rahman, the Afghan who faced
    execution for converting from Islam to Christianity, has been released.

• anewme
    anewme

My ex husband studied with an Iranian woman and she got baptized. She realized the danger she was in should she go back to Iran and visit with her relatives if they knew she was now a Christian. She told us it was viewed very seriously by the people. She was sure one of her well meaning relatives would probably kill her.

Probably someone will kill this poor man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit