Afgan Muslim to Christian Convert faces DEATH PENALTY !

by Rabbit 35 Replies latest social current

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Lets bomb them some more!

• barry
    barry

Our prime minister and treasurer have both gone on the offensive about Muslims who wwould like Sharia law in Australia. I didnt take much notice until Phillip Ruddock come out and said he had been approached by various Islamic groups wanting protection of their culture as they put it. It seems they would be happy to have Sharia law in a free country where they could make Australia ;in the image of there former hell they escaped from. The treasurer Peter Costelllo has suggested to these people or groups they may feel more at home in a place like Iran or Saudi Arabia.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

On today's news downunder:

PM outraged by Afghan Christian convert case
    12:39 PM March 24

Prime Minister John Howard says he will be personally protesting against the possible execution of an Afghan man for converting to Christianity.

The man is on trial in Afghanistan for converting from Islam to Christianity and Mr Howard says he will be writing to President Hamid Karzai to express his unhappiness.

Mr Howard has told Southern Cross radio the case is appalling.

"When I saw the report about this, I felt sick - literally," he said.

"It's an appalling thing, that we are fighting, we are putting the lives of Australian soldiers on the line and this sort of thing is allowed, I mean this is outrageous." Source: ABC

• bebu
    bebu

Western democracy and Islam are like oil and water. It reminds me of Jesus' remark that you don't put a new patch on old clothes, or pour new wine into old wineskin. Both patch and garment, wine and wineskin, will be ruined. The town ain't big enough for the both of 'em.

...Actually, I am not surprised by this situation arising; it was inevitable. Compare the picture of Rahman (the Christian) with the fellow behind him.

vert.rahman.ap.jpg

Rahman doesn't seem too upset that clerics are demanding him to be hung or beheaded by the court--or 'pulled apart' by Muslims if he is freed. The prosecutors seem to be looking for a way around the situation and suggested that he is insane; if he is insane, they say, he should be forgiven and Islam has no claim against him. But Rahman has denied on TV that he is insane and that he is a Christian by his own choice. He isn't going to let the issue get sidestepped. That kind of integrity inspires me! This picture is from this link: http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/03/23/afghan.christian.ap/index.html

bebu

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    But Rahman has denied on TV that he is insane and that he is a Christian by his own choice. He isn't going to let the issue get sidestepped. That kind of integrity inspires me!

That just shows to me that he IS truly insane...

• bebu
    bebu

So am I, as well as many other Christians posting here.

bebu

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

The fact that so many here have lost their faith in religion should not be suprising. I lost my faith in religion after I left the borg. However, the absolute disrespect shown be some of the comments on this thread for a person that is willing to stand up for what he believes is pretty sad.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

No, it doesn't. Even if it is your opinion...

I won't go near religion -- I've been burnt bad. But, I will 'never say never', after all my track record of 30 years of believing in the cultish JW tenets isn't a real good example of my independent thinking in the past. BUT, if I ever get involved with a 'higher power' belief again...it will not be soon or 'on the rebound.'

Rahman has my respect for standing up for what he believes...he may not see things as I do, but, he'd be a hypocrite to do otherwise. Don't ya' think ?

Rabbit

• merfi
    merfi

Same shiver and I think I know why, at least for me... Each of the sentences, for the most part, with "apostasy" in them also contains the word "death" or it's implied. In JWville, apostasy -- leaving/turning against them = death at Armegeddon (I still don't know how to properly spell that -- thank goodness I no longer have to! LOL)

~merfi

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Same shiver and I think I know why, at least for me... Each of the sentences, for the most part, with "apostasy" in them also contains the word "death" or it's implied. -Merfi

Yes, I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out. It reminds me too, of the way JW's are supposed to treat 'spiritually dead' people -- like they are 'physically dead' to them.

If the OT was still in effect...the WTS's Governing Boody would make sure we had 'stonings' at the KH's for DF & DA 'weak' people.

AND, Welcome Merfi ! This is the first post I've seen of yours !

Rabbit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit