Final Fight - Round 1

by KW13 24 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Well done KW13!

I'm impressed - and good luck with your mum too, she's fortunateā„¢ to have you.

unclebruce

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    Firstly the Cuneiform tablet with part of the Babylonian Chronicle (605-594). Before i discuss this with mum i need to know that this is accepted FACT and nothing will change what it says or affect its content. For example the Jehovah's Witnesses have a book called 'Insight into the Scriptures' and there is a picture of the same tablet with different dating which of course is cause for concern. Lets say i wanted to come down to the Museum with my mum and show her this tablet what will it say to disprove her date 607 BCE for Jerusalem's destruction?

Can someone upload a pic of this? I have a mate in London that can shoot along to the Museum and check out the details and get a pic of this tablet but he'll need to know *which one* hes looking for.

• KW13
    KW13

Firstly thanks everyone for your kind words

You need a pic eh? Right i actually recommend you go to http://www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk/compass/index.html

On that page, click Continue with Compass. Then search for Babylon and look at the results. Then go back and search for 586, zedekiah and things like that.

Also note the two Lachish letters.

BTW folks, one thing. In Chronicles it says about the 70 years ending but almost seems to contradict Jeremiah. I can only see that it depends how you 'understand it' but if i am to present things to mum i need to be clear on it.

• Sad emo
  • KW13
    KW13

Note the other tablet on that page linked below the picture.

That one is in the Insight book Volume 2 but the Society use it to date 617

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Has your mum seen this website (errm the British Museum one!!). Maybe that would be a subtle way of introducing her to this stuff - if you just happened to be browsing and she saw. After all, she already knows you've been researching it.

• KW13
    KW13

I will do just that, i want to get all i can together and be ready to counter whatever questions she has.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Ok, I got the pics from my mate in London, he dropped into the British museum with his camera and took some pics. I'll upload the pics later today.

He found two comments on display that mention the fall of Jerusalem both contradict the WTBTS date and he also had a lot of trouble finding one of the tablets because the WTBTS have printed the picture upside down and back to front !

I'll up load the pics later.

• KW13
    KW13

Guess what i know

609-539 = 70 years

The Babylonians first went for the Assyrians and that apprently ended 616-609... and all the way from then till 539 they carried on being naughty. funny eh?

Read Jeremiah 25 and start at verse 8. note in verse 9 it mentions not just jerusalem would be affected but surrounding nations.

Then read 25:11-12 and note WHEN we see the 70 years would end, 539 when the king of babylon was punished and that the slavery would last 70 years, not that they'd be back in 70 years. Read Ezra 1 and see also in the year cyrus issued his decree was that same year. His first yeah, mum said 609-608 but he did it in 609 i am sure for the prophecy to fit

• Dr Jekyll

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit