Final Fight - Round 1

by KW13 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear KW13,

I am so.. happy that you have the opportunity to actually GO the British Musuem!! We too,are in the same boat with some of our family! We are firmly sticking to the 607 issue! They cannot explain it! My sister-in-law said to me after I told her of what we discovered regarding this discrepancy, " Well did you actually go to the British Museum?? Did you actually talk with the professors there?? Did you actually take the books off of the shelves and read them?? How do you know the British Museums website is legitimate?? How do you know its not a apostate site??" PLEASE!!!!! Anyhow, thank you for posting their reply to your letter! I think I will write them and then I will have not only a letter of proof, but a address and postmarked envelope as proof as well! However, I am sure she will find a way to discredit that as too! She will probably tell me that a ex-wittness/apostate works there and is misleading everyone!! Ha Ha

Please keep us informed as to how it goes with your mum and what you find at the museum!!

Sincerely,

L.L.

• nelly136
    nelly136

Lady Liberty you can tell your sister-in-law that jehovahs witnesses are very well thought of at the museum :)

http://www.meander.co.uk/contrib.htm

The British Museum

Mr Emmanuel C. Zervides
    Meander
    59 Commonwealth Avenue
    Hayes
    Middlesex
    UB3 2PN

3 February 2006

Dear Mr Zervides

Thank you for your kind letter of 31st December with enclosed cheque for £8,119.70, representing donations from Jehovah's Witnesses and their friends who visited the British Museum between 1st January 2005 and 31st December 2005.

As you know, we very much value and appreciate the help of the Jehovah's Witnesses and we hope you will continue to support the Museum in this way. I note that contributions since 1989 now total £140,563.70 which is testimony to the extraordinary generosity of the Jehovah's Witnesses. I hope that you had an opportunity to visit our special exhibition on Achaemenid Persia which contained many objects of Biblical interest.

Yours sincerely

Neil MacGregor
    Total contributions made so far by Jehovah's Witnesses & their friends to:
    The Old Observatory Greenwich - £ 971.50 = $1812.82
    The British Library - £1247.50 = $2327.84
    The British Museum - £140,563.70 = $245,241.00
    Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG
    Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7323 8340

• KW13
    KW13

Lady Liberty, my advice is that rather than use my e-mails YOU e-mail to them using the same address i did and that way your mum won't think the contents have been influenced in any way.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I cant understand why Jehovahs Witnesses would encourage tours to the British Museum when their exhibits disprove one of their fundamental teachings; how do they explain this to the people on the tour or do they conveniently skim over the evidence hoping none of the drones will notice?

DB74

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Lady Liberty , my advice is that rather than use my e-mails YOU e-mail to them using the same address i did and that way your mum won't think the contents have been influenced in any way. Thank you KW13. I wouldn't use your e-mails, since she would want to know just where I was getting my information. She has proven to be one who is more concerned over where I get my facts vs. what the facts show. I will either e-mail the British Museum like you did, or I will send them a actual letter. Most likely I will do the latter. I'm sure it will hold more weight! Thankyou! L.L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit