We have a friend in need

by TheListener 39 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

It's painful, I know. Will be thinking of you, carla

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thank you all. And thank you, Listener, for starting this thread. I don't think I would have, but it is helpful.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• anewme
    anewme

Auld Soul, its hard when you are the first in your family to get out. Its lonely and scary and painful.
    But you have us!!! AND I DO BELIEVE THE SOCIETY WILL HAVE TO UNDERGO CHANGES SOON THAT MAY AFFECT US ALL!!!
    That said, you must hang in there to greet your relatives when they also come out!

You are in good company, dont forget that!

Anewme

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

(((((((Auldsoul)))))))))

you are one of the most intelligent, thoughtful posters here. you have helped me many times with your tireless research and explanations. how your loved ones can not see how hard your choices have been for you is only because they are being blinded by an organization that mentally rapes people. You are so brave, and strong to have taken the actions you have. I have much admiration and respect for you. As painful as some days are for me I have to remember the old saying "this too shall pass."

much love and light from me to surround you today. your are loved here my friend. -freedomlover

• unique1
    unique1

((((((((AuldSoul)))))))

• ferret
    ferret

AuldSoul Time heals all wounds

• blondie
    blondie

AuldSoul, you've come so far. We are faders, my hubbie and I, but we are prepared for the next step, one you have already taken. You have given so much to us here on the board. What can we do for you?

Blondie

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thanks again, ((((everyone)))).

I thought I was going to dodge this particular bullet, but it hit me squarely between the eyes. I am not depressed about the choice I made, it was the right choice and I would have been untrue to myself and a hypocrite if I made any other choice. But I am depressed about my family choosing to cut me off for the sake of 12 creeps they can't even name, the presence of two of which they can't even explain per their own dogma (both under 60 and not even alive in 1935).

I know, they are choosing to avoid being cut off themselves and so the world goes 'round. They are choosing not to investigate their religion openly and honestly to avoid the possibility of family and "friends" cutting them off. To me, a friend is not some nebulous concept that is incomprehensibly complex. A friend is someone who sticks, who trusts, who wants to help. A friend is there, come what may.

I cannot count among my friends anyone who cuts me off based on the say-so of someone else—especially not on the say-so of a BOE that isn't even in their congregation. I cannot count among my friends those who dig deeply enough to convince themselves they have the truth but refuse to dig deeply enough to prove it to someone else—even someone they call a friend.

So, I have lost a lot of people I thought were very close friends. People in whom I invested a lot of time and emotional energy. People I would *still* stick to if they would let me. Most of my family were my friends, and I had many friends besides.

But I have kept a surprising number of friends. I have made new friends, but the ones who shared developmental years can't really be replaced later. I found a very old friend I'd lost touch with (Hi, SlayerLayer!).

I think I am going to write to Dr. Phil, because I can't afford therapy I believe I desperately need. Maybe he can convince Oprah not to give away Cashmere sweaters to her audience one time to pay for it.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• TopHat
    TopHat

AuldSoul, I felt your absents and thought perhaps you were surffing around on another web site. Chin up old boy! All this will pass....

• LDH
    LDH

Auld Soul,

What was it Seven said? Outside of our little community nobody really gives a damn. Yep, we know your pain. Been there, done that way too many times.

Well if you believe in Jesus, I guess he said you would lose mother, father, sister, brother for the sake of his name. Hey, you're fulfilling prophecy! That's something the 12 creeps have never been able to do.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit