I just got hold of the WTS Aust branch 2005 Financial Report

by jwfacts 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

thats great that you were able to find it and host it else..

Just for the record, that is not my website... I'm just posting a link to it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

All charities in Canada are required to register, and this register is maintained online as a searchable database.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tax/charities/online_listings/canreg_interim-e.html

Search under "Watch Tower", two words. After you have found a registered charity, select "Information Return", "Financial Statements".

You can find all the individual congregations by searching under "Jehovah's", 1252 hits.

• wombat
    wombat

With all that money guess how much went to charity work?

"Shepherding (hospital information, legal support, humanitarian relief work)" $1,391

It appears the Aust branch received charity status in 2001, so now is tax exempt as a charitable entity.

There must be a minimum percentage they must give to charity in order to qualify as a "charitable organization". If you can't afford to sue them, at least report the anomaly to the treasury department or whatever office oversees this in Australia.

Gerard

WOMBAT.....I haven't heard the above question addressed.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wombat, I thought I'd done so:

Here in Canada they count their educational work as charitable activity. So in Australia, these two activies would also be counted as charitable:

Evangalizing $1.6 million

Teaching $2.4 million

I've read a news article about JW activities in Haiti, and a JW told the reporter they teach the natives about pure living TM , (i.e. avoid fornication) as a way of promoting healthful living TM .

They get away with it in Canada by calling the distribution of magazines as "educational work".
  • wombat
    wombat

Thanks jgnat...How depressing. On that basis JWD could be registered as a charity.

In summary again, the WTS in Australia had over $16 million in revenue last year and devoted only $1,391 of it to humanitarian relief work. I'd bet that not one cent of that went to any organization or charity or person outside of the WTS............And they still get to be registered as a charity.

Other point..As shown by others earlier, the $30 million assets do not include all the KH real estate which has been hidden away elsewhere, impossible to find.

Yet they maintain that they are still a "small business" (see another post elsewhere) and don't even have to pay GST.

So much for rendering unto Caesar. They've got some good JW trained lawyers working there.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    They've got some good JW trained lawyers working there.

Not that well trained!

• cosmic
    cosmic

jwfacts,

If you truely have what you say that you have, you had best be careful. I'm not sure how many USA papers would love to get ahold of what you have, but I can only imagine what the NYT would do with that. The extrapolation to US interests is easy. Remember, at least in the good ol' US of A, every tax-free dollar is worth about 3 in the real world. You do the math. What you have is the WTS (or any "modern" religion, for that matter) by the "short hairs". If the R&F were to "discover" those figures there would be a moment of elation as they thought how much "Jehovah had blessed them" and then the truth would begin to set in. The "charities" are so low because that is information that is easily attainable in the states (and, apparently, Canada) but the rest of it is so telling. Would Judas had sold out for 30 shitty pieces of silver if he had been part of the WTS?

• Lord-Quad
    Lord-Quad

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York (world Headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses), the value of the land and buildings in this state ALONE (USA) is worth $202 BILLION. This does not include "real" monies, nor does it include any other property or buildings at other headquarters locations throughout the United States.

• Lord-Quad
    Lord-Quad

And I want to say hello to Elsewhere, hey man! Hows it going?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Lord Quad,

Where did you get the $202 billion figure?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit