A Reminder for Newbies of the Watchtowers False Predictions

by gumby 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

When JW's are confronted with the fact their organisation has made several false predictions concerning the time of the end, they have various excuses they use to wiggle their way out.

I thought it would be interesting for them to see how their Organisation meets the qualifications as a False Prophet way back back in 1922 ...3 years AFTER they said they were chosen as gods channel after a 1919 inspection of them by Jesus himself when he cleansed the temple. They claimed they were free from babylonish bondage and adorned as a bride for her husbandly owner...Jesus

Did Abraham, Isaac and Jacob return to earth in 1925 as predicted by the Watchtower?

According to WT publications, the year 1925 was definitely when these Old Testament saints were expected to come on the scene. This expectancy is reflected in the following Watchtower publications:

“we may expect 1925 to witness the return of these faithful men of Israel from the condition of death, being resurrected. 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the faithful prophets of old.” (Millions Now Living Will Never Die [1920], pgs. 88-90)

“There will be no slip-up ... Abraham should enter upon the actual possession of his promised inheritance in the year 1925 A.D.” (The Watchtower, October 15, 1917, pg. 6157)

“1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures.” (The Watchtower, April 1, 1923, pg. 106)

“The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in the Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914.” (The Watchtower, July 15, 1924, pg. 211)

In fact, the Watchtower clearly stated in 1922 their claimed source of this chronological information:

“this chronology is not of man, but of God.” (The Watchtower, July 17, 1922, p. 217)

So, if God said it, it should easily pass the test of a true prophet set forth in Deuteronomy 18:21, 22 which states:

“And if thou say in thine heart, how shall we know the word which the Lord hath spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.” ( taken from a web-site from the late JanG)

As we can see...1925 has come and gone.

Gumby

• gumby
    gumby

Interesting stuff there Gumby!

*talks to self cuz nobody responded*

Gumby

• wombat
    wombat

Aw..Gumby..You'll go blind if you keep pleasing yourself..........

Absolutely valid point....but I'm noticing an absence of lurkers butting in since the Jan 15 Watch Tower which warned Dubbers of mixing with Apostates on the net.

I was hoping that Mentalist was one but I think that uncle scared him/her off.

I really miss PMJ.

It's not much fun us all agreeing with each other.

Anyway. I heard that you cross-dress. That's fine by me

• mentalist
    mentalist

someone mention my name?

• carla
    carla

Just had this conversation basically with my jw after a long time of not discussing anything. As usual it did not end well. He just keeps saying things like, 'well see? we don't teach those things anymore'. Well no shit sherlock! It's rather difficult to teach that Abraham & others have returned when it's obvious they didn't or all the end of the world false prophecies. But today they are 'different' and no longer teach false things. Then he conviently forgets all the wt I have showed him showing that the wt has claimed to be prophets and speak for God. Yet, he cannot see how they were false prophets, they just had false expectations.

Why do I keep banging my head against the wall? Cause it feels so good when I stop. I must be insane to even try to discuss anything with the mindless ----------------fill in your own word.

• mentalist
    mentalist

Its important to remember that all apostates are evil...especialy unclebruce.

• wombat
    wombat

Uncle Bruce is not only evil....He's very rude. Would you like to comment on Gumby's thoughts?

• mentalist
    mentalist

In all honesty and without being rude to Gumby...i dont give a stuff about ancient JW history,they certainly dont.

• luna2
    luna2

Hrm, well, this sort of thing was important to me when I was disengaging my mind from the borg. When you start adding up all of the WTS's false prophecies from their inception onward, it's very revealing.

Of course, perhaps those ancient worthies were resurrected in 1925 but just didn't make it to San Diego to introduce themselves to Judge Rutherdrunk....or maybe they did and he didn't want to give up his mansion, so he did away with them and buried them in the backyard bunker.

• mentalist
    mentalist

Its all just a case of the "the out of date apostate".Seems quite a few here have some years behind them and i respect that but at the same time i feel many of them are completely out of touch.People in the same or similar boat to me and from a younger generation really dont care less about some watchtower quote from 192whatever or some dug up information on CT Russell.This is not intended to be rude or offensive, i swear..its obvious they have put a lot of time and effort into what they do.Even been to a meeting recently?Its mostly topical and relevant things they discuss...not dusty and out of date.Just a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit