Cleaning the Kingdom Hall

by general 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• general
    general

What part of the hall was your favorite part to clean? Was it the bathrooms, the Main Hall, Library or lunch room perhaps...Did people use cleaning the hall as an excuse to get self-righteous? Let me know...

LOL

General

• damselfly
    damselfly

None of the above.

I remember having to polish the chrome(the shiny stuff on the edges) of all the chairs and not just the backs of the chairs the legs too. It took forever!

Dams

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I didn't like cleaning any part of it. I usually needed to be home cleaning my house and mowing my yard but you know it was "sacred service" we had to do it.

It was fun when we were kids and the parents cleaned and we played on the stage with the microphones, acted silly, crawled under all the chairs and basically did everything that we were not allowed to any other time.

Yes, I do think that there are those people that if they do anything extra they get puffed up about it.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

reminds me of one elderette, she was IN CHARGE, and since she was IN CHARGE she decided to tell every woman in the hall toilet paper and paper towel protocol..

use ONLY 3 squares of tp when wiping and use ONLY half a paper towel.

and she'd hit the ladies room during the song to make sure no one hogged the paper!!

• damselfly
    damselfly

Not the kingdom hall but the chairs reminded me of it. At one of the last assemblies I attended as a teen I was counseled by an elderette to not be a "corrider cutie". She made me polish all the apples that were supplied for the entire weekend. She very clearly did not want me to be seen in the halls at any point during the weekend I spent the rest of the two days fleeing in the opposite direction when I saw her coming!!!

Dams

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Would jam on the piano.Get a few stares while others worked I played.One of the cool sisters would show me some stuff on the piano.Once we played out joy to the world quite by accident.She was trying to show me a practice routine.We laughed like hell when a couple of folks looked at us like we had killed someone.

• Hawkeye
    Hawkeye

since my hubby was an opposer, I never went to the kingdom hell more than for the meetings. Somehow I got out of it, and no one really said anything to me, surprisingly.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My JW mom taped the CO's Thursday night talk a couple weeks ago. I could only stomach a few minutes of it. He was saying that there was something for everyone to do cleaning the hall. If you were unable to do much, just "move the vacuum to a different plug while someone else is vacuumming, that way it saves time....". It was SSOOOOO stupid. Sounded like he was talking to a bunch of 4 yr. olds.

shelley

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

well, me and my other sixteen year old friends had conned the elders into giving us the keys for the sound department, plus teaching us to do sound, cuz we were "exemplary"... ha ha, i used to love cleaning the stage cuz i would get on mic and just say stupid ass stuff... ha ha, so much fun!!!

the infamous one

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

erk how embarrssment... there was one bit i did like about cleaning the hall and it was cleaning the black board. I'd very carefully wipe away all traces of anything that had been on the black board and then wash all the chalk dust off. Then clean the dusters... A little OCD maybe... LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit