wishing all you Aussies best wishes due to Storm.

by rekless 31 Replies latest jw friends

• wombat
    wombat

It is interesting that Australian donated over US$150 million dollars to the victims of the tsunami in Indonesea and elsewhere..A very large part of it was from the general populace. That is over $7 per head of the population. Australia's population is a tenth of of the USA. (Hard to believe in view of our Olympic Golds).

But the locals are very independent and insist on helping themselves. They don't want donations from overseas countries - not that any would offer.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Too right wombat and besides Australia already owes rekless $120US

• wombat
    wombat

Unc.... If Rekless has both short and long term memory loss....maybe it will all go away.

Actually if he decides to camp here I reckon that I'd be able to hit him up for another $120.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Yeah well by the time he's done do'n all the chores, painted the house, overhauled the tractor and helped in the big clean up I recon we'll be sending a very tired bloke back to the mid west lol

• rekless
    rekless

Wombat,

Have you heard about the USA organization, FEMA?

If Austrailia has any type of Gov. agency like Fedaral Emergency Management Agentcy; You're probally better off helping yourselves.

I hear some of the people that survived the Tsumai are still without huts or houses.

• wombat
    wombat

Hell yeah Rekless.....Not much of the money got through to help. S.E.Asia is so corrupt. It is in their nature.

Like, container loads of material arrived at Sri Lanka (that island south of India) where the country had been devastated. The local Custom Officials wouldn't allow it to be released until certain "costs" were paid. Their own people were suffering but they wouldn't move without a bribe.

I don't know why we bother.

Mate, I was only joking with uncbruce about scabbing $120 off you. Trust me. (I thought that you had gone to bed).

• rekless
    rekless

You know long term memery + lose of short term = 1/2 term and I would be beholding to you for letting me muck out your barns, paint your house and take out the refuse.

The $120.00 is nothing I gave a dude access to a $1200.00 copier. never seen him again either. I'm a pretty easy touch...just sign me a sad tune and BY GOD I'll be your baboon.

It is a fact I don't owe anybody anything, but cassa saara. it is going to be hell collecting on the other side.

• rekless
    rekless

That last sentence, What the hell was I talking about. OOOOH, here's the $120.00 I owe you.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Actually, the difference between hurricanes and cyclones are purely geographical. I even made a map describing what they're called in which locations.

• barry
    barry

The latest news on the cyclone is one billion damage to the economy the banana crop and sugar crop destroyed and the tourist industry decemated in that area. We stocked up on bananas today they are expected to double in price soon. We got some at woolys for $3 a kilo.

The good news is that no loss of life. Amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit