wishing all you Aussies best wishes due to Storm.

by rekless 31 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

Hope none of you were affected by the hurricane.

If you were I hope not drastically. Good luck!

Dan

• wombat
    wombat

Thanks Rekless....No one here affected.

Troubled Mind has a post going that gives good details. He called it a "hurricane". We don't have them in Australia. We have cyclones. I think the reason is that the wind blows in the opposite direction. Cyclones blow clock-wise.

Troubled Mind's ignorance has caused his post to be branded as "scandal".

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks for your thoughts rekless,

I think wombat is/was the only one in danger .. the rest of us are posting from way south.

three cheers free beers to wombat JWD's northern australia rep

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Unc,

yah mean they're still part of orstrarlya? blimey!

• wombat
    wombat

Best wishes to you Mexicans....Naah...I'm way out of the action. My mate John headed off from his cattle station at Richmond late last night with his big chainsaw and a generator to his house in Townsville. But at mid-morning his missus was out doing some gardening. He'll probably head north to give a bit of a hand. John loves cyclones...they bring him rain on his property.

• rekless
    rekless

Scandal, lol

My mother was an old Swede she called hurricanes, cyclones, what a gossip she was. Never heard of a Tsaumi except on the asian side of the world, they were title waves; wow! how the world is educated now.

No matter what a disaster is named it stills brings trouble.

Well give ole Troubled - Mind my best

This is dry humor, I've lost a lot of friends due to it.LOL.Joke, Joke.

• wombat
    wombat

Rekless.. if you have a dry, droll, sense of humour you are an honoury Australian.

I refuse to use LOL etc. If folk can't pick up on it that is their problem. But, gee, I've replied to heaps of PMs apologising to folk who I've upset.

In Australia, "you old bastard" is a term of affection. (Except for Uncle Bruce).

• rekless
    rekless

I met an Aussie in Las Vegas, he was an old bastard, I leant him $120.00, never got it back, he still is.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL at wombat - mexicans is what we call Victorians!

yeah ozzy lets cut 'em orf .. Did you catch wombats FarNorthQueensland joke - disgusting - where are the mods these daze!

Hey rekless we still call them tidal waves (who in australia can spell tsuname tusnamy tszitmacki toosarmy) unclebruce ps: escuse me rekless ..hic..you couldn't spare a $120US for a poor australian gambler could ya?

• wombat
    wombat

Rekless....Get across here for a holiday...I'll repay the $120 plus I've got a couple of spare bedrooms... That's fair dinkum.....Really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit