wishing all you Aussies best wishes due to Storm.

by rekless 31 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

wombat,

Fair indeed! Would love to return to your land, Butz I"s just a poor ole XJW living out de remainder of me life in the cold frozen waste land of South Dakota.

I spent three weeks in Sydney, back in '67, Navy R/R best fun I ever had.

The dinkum is accepted. Thanks, from one old bastard to another.

• wombat
    wombat

Rekless...Do you remember the Texas Tavern at Kings Cross? Just up from the naval base?

• LDH
    LDH

Yes, sending good wish vibes down under!!! I saw this on the news this morning. Cyclone Larry, they called it.

Rekless, I never got a call back. PM me if you wish. I'm on my way out to work now.

• rekless
    rekless

I think that is the place I got my middle finger broken as I crawled out the bar, King's X. Hell, I thought it was the Queen's X . Three weeks of stupor. I still remember the heavey set woman who taught me to Poka.

There was a lot of private Poka bars along the Queen's way or is it the King's way.

I can't remember I have long term memory lose, and my short term is in a pint somewhere. I can't find it either.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey rekless start saving your pennies - wombat is serious, he lives in the country and you'd have a ball. (I suppose airfares would be about $1200US return)

You'd be welcome down here in South East NSW too.

cheers, unc

• wombat
    wombat

Rekless....You probably met the lady at The Barrell.

Get your butt over here and I'll give you a bit of therapy with the aid of Bundaberg Rum.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hang in there you guys

• rekless
    rekless

Thank yee, thank yee, thank yee,

It will take me until the otherside of hell to save me pennies, but all hell would break loose in the land down under if I came.

When I moved to Menno, SD the first night here we had a tornado that knocked down the grain elevator's drying fans across the street from our house where we only got the west side windows blown out and our truck's rear window busted out by a bypassing board which decided to take a hoilday in the truck. The elevator manager said, "I want to thank you for moving here. We haven't had a storm of this magitude in five years."

I can reek damage.

I best stay up here or we may become topsy turvey.

I think I need counseling

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey we're used to storms on the south coast and we'd welcome the rain! lol

• xjwms
    xjwms

Stay safe

yawl

Did'nt look very good on CNN this am....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit