What is the best question to ask a j.w. during a Bible study?

by hubert 35 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If I dont get baptized will Jehovah kill me at Armageddon?

• Clam
    Clam

I'm avoiding giving one suggestion of my own, but I do like the many questions (and answers) posed at:

http://e-watchman.com/questions/101-questions-jehovahs-witnesses-nwt.html

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Will you please stop this charade right now?"

• hubert
    hubert

So many excellent responses!!! I don't know where to start, I read the post over 3 times so far.

I've been gone all day, so couldn't respond to any posts till now. Sorry.

Clam-Thanks for the "e-watchman 101 questions" link. I started to look at it, but will have to check it out more later. Long, but very interesting.

Wombat, Thanks, I might use the 2 nd question next time I 'drop in", too. I also like Blondie's question on the "144,000".

Don't consider it an all or nothing situation, too, hubert. If you have been able to share some scriptures and they aren't comfortable, just let it go for another time. Say you would be very interested in seeing the scriptures they have; don't let them put you off or "forget" to come back. You have a two-fold goal, getting your family to think about it as well as the JW.

Thanks, Blondie, this is what I am thinking of doing, planting seeds, such as "Carla" mentioned, also. I am hoping to make my daughter and son-in-law see how the Watchtower lies to them, without accusing them of it myself.

Thanks for all the suggestions, from everybody. If you think of more questions, I'll consider them, also.

Hubert

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think questions that challenge their behavior are more effective than the ones on the nature of God or Heaven. After all, we don't get many visitors from God or Heaven to prove things one way or another. I like asking a shunning question because it can barely be supported scripturally, is obviously cruel, and you are guaranteed that the study conductor has been directly affected by the practice (either victim or perpetrator).

Another question I'd like to challenge the JW's on is their belief that they are only obliged to show love to one another, and that kindnesses to neighbour do not extend beyond literature placement.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Keep in mind that Dubs are not really studying the "Bible" per se, they are studying Watchtower publications. If you ask them a non-Watchtower approved question all you will get is a blank stare.

Try asking them if Jehovah hates identical en-vitro twins because they share blood. I'm still waiting on an answer to that one and it's been rung up the pole all the way to the DO.

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

When is this over?

• hubert
    hubert
    Another question I'd like to challenge the JW's on is their belief that they are only obliged to show love to one another, and that kindnesses to neighbour do not extend beyond literature placement.

Which kind of ties in with the "Theocratic Warfare", in my opinion.

J.w.'s "never" lie to one another, but it's okay to lie to "worldly people", which doesn't show love to your neighbor. Thanks, jgnat.

Hubert

• whyizit
    whyizit

When we had a JW couple coming to our house for a Bible study, I asked this one question and I got a blank stare and a, "I kinda see what you mean." after a few minutes.

We're suppose to be having a BIBLE study. For the past six weeks we are studying a publication called What Does God Require? So, I ask:

"You know, when we started this whole thing, we all agreed that we would be studying the BIBLE. So far, all we have been doing is studying this publication. Then you give me more publications to read in between. Then some little books with colorful pictures and someone's opinions of what they think the BIble says. Yes, there are lots of Bible quotes, but they jump around to so many different subjects, and they aren't even in the same context of what they are suppose to be proving at times. I thought when you said we were going to study the BIBLE, that we would go straight to the Bible, and study Galatians, or Romans, etc..., IN THE BIBLE! When are we going to actually do that? I mean this other reading is not exactly studying the BIBLE. I want to study THE BIBLE!"

• hubert
    hubert
    We're suppose to be having a BIBLE study. For the past six weeks we are studying a publication called What Does God Require?

Whyizit, Did they start studying the Bible with you once you asked this question or did they just continue with the W.T. material?

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit