The Trinity... is it a false teaching as the WTBTS claims?

by Honesty 146 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hey Honesty, I agree with you 100% ... that's exactly how I feel about our Lord...Jesus

Revelation 5:12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Amen!

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

col 1:15

first born of all creatures/creation

parallel to first born of the dead, same words...

seems fairly plain that he was claimed to be the first one or proto-type of all those who would come after him

in two different ways... first as a creature and then as a new creation one born from the dead immortal

this trinitarian B elief S ystem about pre-eminance is really rather silly

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    this trinitarian B elief S ystem about pre-eminance is really rather silly

Look, no offence but the Bible is CLEAR about who Jesus is.

It is every individuals CHOICE to believe it or not.

Just don't try to rewrite the Bible. The Watchtower did that for us and look where it got us.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    this trinitarian B elief S ystem about pre-eminance is really rather silly.......first born of all creatures/creation

C'mon, is this a literal or a figurative spin your looking for?

• pahsun
    pahsun

To honestly.

While I do not agree with everything the "Watchtower" spew out. I give them credit to preserve the Divine Name, which even the Trinitarians admit to it but will not use it - even deleting it from its rightful place in the Bible - but substituting it with a very poor substitute "LORD". In some translations even that has been diluted to a mere "Lord".

If Trinitarian are honest, they should let the scriptures speak for itself and not let their bias CHANGE the Divine name. Psalms 110:1 is a good case for embarassing them if the Trinatarians translate it correctly without BIAS. There it definetly indicates YaHoWah is speaking to King David's "lord" - note with a "small ell". Jesus claims himself to be only that "lord" and not the mistranslated "LORD". He, Jesus was asked to sit at the right hand of "YaHoWaH"

There are many more I can say, but if one reads the Bible without any preconcieved ideas, the subordination of our mediator and redeemer Jesus Christ to His God is clear as a bell. Jesus worships God. God does not worship Jesus. Simple !!!

So honesty if you are truly honest please ask the Bible translators to honestly translate the Bible the way the original Hebrew Scriptures were written and not make lame, flaccid excuses why the Divine Name should be deleted from the scriptures. If they must delete God's name and if Jesus is God by all accounts of the Trinatarians, then the shoul be consistent and delete the name Jesus. By retaining the name Jesus would be a left-handedway of admitting that Jesus is not God or at the leasr that Jesus is not God's Name.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    To honestly.

While I do not agree with everything the "Watchtower" spew out. I give them credit to preserve the Divine Name, which even the Trinitarians admit to it but will not use it -

Where did you come up with this?

Ever hear of a few songs the 'Trinitarians' sing titled, "In The Presence Of Jehovah" or "Days of Elijah"?

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

EVERY Christian I have ever known has known the different names of God. There are MANY traditional songs that use the name Jehovah. The JWs did not make some profound discovery. Jehovah God was manifest in the flesh.

1 Timothy 3:16 Without controversy, the mystery of godliness is great: God was revealed in the flesh, Justified in the spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the nations, Believed on in the world, And received up in glory.WEB

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.KJV

1 Timothy 3:16 And <kai> without controversy <homologoumenos> great <megas> is <esti> the mystery <musterion> of godliness <eusebeia>: God <theos> was manifest <phaneroo> in <en> the flesh <sarx>, justified <dikaioo> in <en> the Spirit <pneuma>, seen <optanomai> of angels <aggelos>, preached <kerusso> unto <en> the Gentiles <ethnos>, believed on <pisteuo> in <en> the world <kosmos>, received up <analambano> into <en> glory <doxa>.KJSV

JESUS was flesh. JESUS was preached unto the Gentiles. JESUS was believed on in the world. AND only JESUS was received UP INTO GLORY. JESUS is theos. GOD is theos. unless you mistranslate it.....

notice how the Watchtower mistranslates this one;

16 Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in [the] world, was received up in glory.’ NWT

Thats right folks they LEAVE OUT one word...GOD/theos.

hhmmmmm but WHY not here too?;

Matthew 23 “Look! The virgin will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will call his name Im·man´u·el,” which means, when translated, “With Us Is God.” NWT

Matthew 1:23 Behold <idou>, a virgin <parthenos> shall be with child <en> <gaster> <echo>, and <kai> shall bring forth <tikto> a son <huios>, and <kai> they shall call <kaleo> his <autos> name <onoma> Emmanuel <Emmanouel>, which <hos> being interpreted <methermeneuo> is <esti>, God <theos> with <meta> us <hemon>.

OR HERE?

Matthew 8: 29 And, look! they screamed, saying: “What have we to do with you, Son of God? Did you come here to torment us before the appointed time?”NWT

Matthew 8:29 And <kai>, behold <idou>, they cried out <krazo>, saying <lego>, What <tis> have we <hemin> to do with <kai> thee <soi>, Jesus <Iesous>, thou Son <huios> of God <theos>? art thou come <erchomai> hither <hode> to torment <basanizo> us <hemas> before <pro> the time <kairos>?

1 Timothy 3:16....WHY in the New World Translation is there a deliberate mistranslation of GOD? Theos. God. Theos. God. Theos. WHY? Because they HAD to to fit their erroneous doctrine. Because it "makes sense to do so"~NWT

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah Text: William Williams, 1717-1791; trans. from the Welsh by Peter Williams and the author
    Music: John Hughes, 1873-1932
    Tune:
    CWM RHONDDA, Meter: 87.87.87

1. Guide me, O thou great Jehovah, pilgrim through this barren land. I am weak, but thou art mighty; hold me with thy powerful hand. Bread of heaven, bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more; feed me till I want no more. 2. Open now the crystal fountain, whence the healing stream doth flow; let the fire and cloudy pillar lead me all my journey through. Strong deliverer, strong deliverer, be thou still my strength and shield; be thou still my strength and shield. 3. When I tread the verge of Jordan, bid my anxious fears subside; death of death and hell's destruction, land me safe on Canaan's side. Songs of praises, songs of praises, I will ever give to thee; I will ever give to thee.
  • Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

"Before Jehovah's Awe-full Throne"by Isaac Watts, 1674-1748

1. Before Jehovah's awe-full throne,
    Ye nations, bow with sacred joy.
    Know that the Lord is God alone;
    He can create and He destroy.

2. His sov'reign power, without our aid,
    Made us of clay and formed us men;
    And when like wandering sheep we strayed,
    He brought us to His fold again.

3. We are His people, we His care,
    Our souls and all our mortal frame.
    What lasting honors shall we rear,
    Almighty Maker, to Thy name?

4. We'll crowd Thy gates with thankful songs,
    High as the heavens our voices raise;
    And earth, with her ten thousand tongues,
    Shall fill Thy courts with sounding praise.

5. Wide as the world is Thy command,
    Vast as eternity Thy love;
    Firm as a rock Thy truth must stand
    When rolling years shall cease to move.

The Lutheran Hymnal
    Hymn #13
    Text: Ps. 100
    Author: Isaac Watts, 1719, alt.
    Tune: "Old Hundredth"
    1st Published in: _Genevan Psalter_, 1551

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

The facts are that Christians KNOW the Holy name Jehovah and ALL the other names God has been known by. "I Am Who I Am" the name given to Moses.

Exodus 3:13-14 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.KJV

Exodus 3:13-14 And Moses <Mosheh> said <'amar> unto God <'elohiym>, Behold, when I come <bow'> unto the children <ben> of Israel <Yisra'el>, and shall say <'amar> unto them, The God <'elohiym> of your fathers <'ab> hath sent <shalach> me unto you; and they shall say <'amar> to me, What is his name <shem>? what shall I say <'amar> unto them? And God <'elohiym> said <'amar> unto Moses <Mosheh>, I AM <hayah> THAT I AM <hayah>: and he said <'amar>, Thus shalt thou say <'amar> unto the children <ben> of Israel <Yisra'el>, I AM hath sent <shalach> me unto you.

God is more than a name. Christians have not made the issue of the tetragamaton translated BECAUSE of the same reason the Jews dared not speak it.

Exodus 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Active JWs should think well what this means. As a JW you claim to be a witness of Jehovah. Did you see the shekinah glory on the face of Moses?Exodus 34:29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

Did you see the cloud over the temple in the wilderness? Exodus 13:21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

Did you see the plagues of Egypt brought about by the hand of YHWH? Do you not claim to be a witness of YHWH and is that not in vain since you have not actually witnessed any of these things?

It was for me. In vain did I claim to be His witness. I am a witness to the glory of Jesus. I have known the Holy Spirit, but not the God of Israel, I need a Mediator for that. Only Israel was a witness to the Great YHWH.

Acts 1:8-9 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

It's all about JESUS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit