The Trinity... is it a false teaching as the WTBTS claims?

by Honesty 146 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

From the time I was a little girl going to church, not knowing that the church I attended believed in the Trinity.....My notion was that Jesus by God's Holy Spirit was put into the womb of a Virgin called Mary. Jesus was a perfect man and so he in his perfection could give his life for our inherited sin from Adam. He died and was raised up from the dead on the thrid day. He now waits on the right side of his Father until the time of the resurrection of the dead on earth, he being the first born of the dead. Jesus will rule the earth and the dead that were rasied up to live on earth will never die.

So what I am trying to say is I always saw Jesus and God as two different enities. The Holy Sprit was part of God like knowledge or a feeling he chose to gave out to us for our benefit if we ask him sincerly in prayer.

Of course that was before the JWs came knocking at my door and I read of the 1000 years of Jesus Kingdom before he handed it over to God his Father.

I am no longer a JW. I still believe however that Jesus and God are two and not one....

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    hey if you need false assumptions and false beliefs about my views to maintain your own delusions, be my guest as I am not a christian and really dont care what you believe as I said it is all mythology to me and I dont even believe Jesus really existed any longer
    If it is all mythology to you then you should not care that myself and mainstream Christians believe that Jesus is the Holy Divine Son, fully God and fully human and that we dedicate out lives to Bible Theology.

I have this odd belief that accuracy and honesty matter, I could be completely mistaken about this...but I feel the reason you and so many like you are still imprisoned by the infection known as christianity is because you have a distorted view that is based on being CONviNcED by CONfident MEN

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    he apostate kate,

back about 8 or 9 days ago i asked what version of the bible you were using as a reference, but you didn't answer...now i see you are provideing a link to the christian apologetics & research ministry online bible. my question to you is---what proof can you provide that their version of scripture is correct and any other version is incorrect in relationship to isaiah 9:6...what is the story on their translation, how many greek scholars worked on their translation, how many hebrew scholars, what text did they transalate? and more importantly why should anyone believe that they wouldn't lie, just to bolster their trinitarian beliefs?

I'm sorry. I started putting the initials of which versions I was quoting after your question. I recenty started exploring CARM's site as Matt has put years of work into it. I was researching some correlations today. I use many translation and dictionaries. World English Bible. New International Version. King James Version. New King James Versions. American Standard. Darby's Translation. Young's Literal. That is just a few of the online versions. I have researched translations and theologians opinions, I find the King James to be the most honest Bible keeping in mind that some words were used in ways that are not used today, and that is not hard to find either. For ex; meat in King James does not mean literal meat as in animals flesh, but more often was used to mean substanence.

You asked me alot of questions. I am just a dumb blond Apostate who discovered the WTBTS had taught me the Bible according some dopes that Russel was following. That's all. I'll do some reading and collaborate with about your questions on Isaiah 9:6.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    I have this odd belief that accuracy and honesty matter, I could be completely mistaken about this...but I feel the reason you and so many like you are still imprisoned by the infection known as christianity is because you have a distorted view that is based on being CONviNcED by CONfident MEN

The thing is that this topic was started as a question about a biblical doctrine. Was it true or not. I am offering no opinions but only Scriptures concerning the topic of this thread. I told you I am not convinved by any man or religion, nor do I care to convince someone else anything. I have quoted Scriptures concerning the nature of God.

If you believe the Bible clearly states that Jesus was an angel, then a mere man, then a vaporous spirit being, show me where the Bible states that. Not some man, religion, group of men, a book written by a man...

The Trinity... is it a false teaching as the WTBTS claims? According to the bible in it's entirety, no it is not a false teaching. Does it try to simplify the mystery of God? Possibly. Does the bible clearly teach Jesus was a created angel, then a man, then a spirit creature? NO

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    My notion was that Jesus by God's Holy Spirit was put into the womb of a Virgin called Mary.

The Bible doesn't say that.

Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.KJV

Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was like this; for after his mother, Mary, was engaged to Joseph, before they came together, she was found pregnant by the Holy Spirit.WEB

Matthew 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.

The Bible says that the Holy Spirit was put into the womb of Mary.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Jesus was a perfect man and so he in his perfection could give his life for our inherited sin from Adam.

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.KJV

This was not the blood of a mere mortal man, nor the blood of a creature, or an angel. But Holy blood was shed to purchase us, according to the bible, not me.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    The thing is that this topic was started as a question about a biblical doctrine. Was it true or not. I am offering no opinions but only Scriptures concerning the topic of this thread. I told you I am not convinved by any man or religion, nor do I care to convince someone else anything. I have quoted Scriptures concerning the nature of God.

If you believe the Bible clearly states that Jesus was an angel, then a mere man, then a vaporous spirit being, show me where the Bible states that. Not some man, religion, group of men, a book written by a man...

The Trinity... is it a false teaching as the WTBTS claims? According to the bible in it's entirety, no it is not a false teaching. Does it try to simplify the mystery of God? Possibly. Does the bible clearly teach Jesus was a created angel, then a man, then a spirit creature? NO

looking at the bible like I would any other book... remember school book reports?

I find, assuming the new testament is really a continuation of the OT [I no longer believe that], I find two basic characters running from right near the beginning to the very end. [not three btw, just two.]

the first character we meet in line one as Elohim and his attributes are given as maker of heaven and earth. [and while plural, this need mean nothing special as Dagon is Elohim as is Asheroth] this one is revealed to us as El Shaddai, Jehovah [YHWH]

the second character is first introduced to us after the fall as SEED of the WOMAN... gradually this other is revealed as the SHILOH, the ONE whose RIGHT it is... the ONE who come after me [Moses] -- the seed of David, the Branch of Jesse, the one like the son of man,

no one in the old testament is given cause to think this coming one is God himself or even a part of God, but certainly working for God...

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why did Jesus say the following?

John 16:7 Nevertheless, I am telling you the truth. It is for your benefit that I go away, because if I don’t go away the Counselor will not come to you. If I go, I will send Him to you.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    the first character we meet in line one as Elohim and his attributes are given as maker of heaven and earth. [and while plural, this need mean nothing special as Dagon is Elohim as is Asheroth] this one is revealed to us as El Shaddai, Jehovah [YHWH]

Judges 16:23 Then the lords of the Philistines gathered them together for to offer a great sacrifice unto Dagon their god, and to rejoice: for they said, Our god hath delivered Samson our enemy into our hand.

The Bible does NOT say the false gods of Philistines was the Creator.

Genesis 14:5 And in the fourteenth year came Chedorlaomer, and the kings that were with him, and smote the Rephaims in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzims in Ham, and the Emims in Shaveh Kiriathaim,??????????????????????????????????????

You can believe whatever but that's not in the Bible

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

Judges 16:23 Then the lords of the Philistines gathered them together for to offer a great sacrifice unto Dagon their god, and to rejoice: for they said, Our god hath delivered Samson our enemy into our hand.

The Bible does NOT say the false gods of Philistines was the Creator.

Genesis 14:5 And in the fourteenth year came Chedorlaomer, and the kings that were with him, and smote the Rephaims in Ashteroth Karnaim, and the Zuzims in Ham, and the Emims in Shaveh Kiriathaim,??????????????????????????????????????

You can believe whatever but that's not in the Bible

typical trinitarian selective focus and selective narrow view.... you dont have the slightest idea what I was saying nor why, but you go off on totally irrelevant things first Dagon and Asheroth [female goddess, wife of YHWH according to some jewish myths] not Ashteroth, were both called ELOHIM just like YHWH was...and my point was that the hebrew word ELOHIM need not mean more than one person as some idiot trintiarians try to imply. your mental delusion gets you stuck on what is not important so you can selectively ignore what is important....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit