The Trinity... is it a false teaching as the WTBTS claims?

by Honesty 146 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    typical trinitarian selective focus and selective narrow view.... you dont have the slightest idea what I was saying nor why, but you go off on totally irrelevant things first Dagon and Asheroth [female goddess, wife of YHWH according to some jewish myths] not Ashteroth, were both called ELOHIM just like YHWH was...and my point was that the hebrew word ELOHIM need not mean more than one person as some idiot trintiarians try to imply. your mental delusion gets you stuck on what is not important so you can selectively ignore what is important....

okeeeeeeeeeeey...well I'll pass on this discussion since my focus is on the cannon of Scripture which is important when discussing the Bible and if it tells the story of Jesus as being either a man, an angel, a vaporous spirit creature, or the Holy Son of His Holy Father, who is worthy to be glorified, praised, and honored as is the Father.... or not

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I know I am a newbie, and probably have no right to say this, but I must.

I find the attitude of Zen Ndist, to be hypocritical. He or she would be the first to complain of attempts at proselytizing by Christians, yet he seems to have no qualms about proselytizing for a secular humanistic gospel. Did you exchange the zealotry of the WT$ for the zealotry of secular humanism?

Just curious. I do expect to be pilloried for making this observation, as I have found in my journey away from the Borg, that the most antagonistic and venomous proselytizers in public are the secular humanists.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

kate,

thanks for the answer. this has turned into an interesting thread and i applaude your willingness to communicate. one of the problem i'm having is i don't trust any of the translations and don't think any of them would stand up to the questions we often apply to the nwt.

j2s

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    thanks for the answer. this has turned into an interesting thread and i applaude your willingness to communicate. one of the problem i'm having is i don't trust any of the translations and don't think any of them would stand up to the questions we often apply to the nwt.

Well think about it though...do we have the same problems with the writings of Josephus, Plato, or any of the old philosophers? 2000 years seems like a long time but it really isn't. We have I believe the LXX (Septuigint), there were 70 translators who had to agree on it. It is the oldest Greek Translation of the OT. We will see the quotations from the OT in the NT from this text. I use so many translations, and keep learning as much as there is to learn about them. The Cannon of Scripture had to undergo strict scrutiny for validity before being allowed to be part of the Bible. As far as the NWT, after all the errors I found in it, I don't consider it valid. The mystery men who made the changes to the NWT were dishonest and admitted they made changes because it "made sense to do so"~NWT

We have the KJ from 1611. We found the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1947-1961 those are dated 250 BC to 70 AD. These are our oldest texts found. These fragments confirmed the KJV. There are about 40,000 fragments. Most are close to the Masoretic text but some follow the Septuigint. These are testaments to the validity of what we have today.

As far as the Trinity here are some more things to consider.

Is Jesus the creator of all things?

Gen 1:26-27-Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness..." And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him.

Is 44:24-Thus says the Lord [Jehovah], your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, "I, the Lord [Jehovah], am the maker of all things, stretching out the heavens by Myself, and spreading out the earth all alone..."

John 1:3-All things came into being by Him [the Word], and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. [If Jesus was created, then he created himself]

Rom 11:36-God...For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things.

John 1:10-He [Jesus] was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

Eph 3:9-...God, who created all things...

Col 1:15-16-And He [Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the first-born [cp. Ps 89:27, Gen 41:51-52, Jer 31:9] of all creation. For [Gr. because] by him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things have been created by Him and for Him.

Heb 1:8,10-But of the Son...He also says, "In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But you remain the same, and your years will never end."

Heb 3:3-4-For He [Jesus] has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, by just so much as the builder of a house has more honor than the house. For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God.

So even though the word Trinity does not exist in Scripture, it is used to simplify the fact that Jesus was equel in nature to God, subordinant in function. Which means for us that we can have a personal relationship with Jesus and need to according to the Bible. This runs throughout the entire Bible.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Is Jesus the sustainer of all things?

Col 1:17-He [Jesus] is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Heb 1:3-And He [Jesus] is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.

YES

Is Jesus the Savior?

Is 43:11-"I, even I, am the Lord [Jehovah]; and there is no savior besides Me."

Is 45:21-"Is it not I, the Lord [Jehovah]? And there is no other God besides Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none except Me."

Hos 13:4-"I...the Lord [Jehovah] your God...there is no savior besides Me."

Titus 1:3-God our Savior

Titus 1:4-Christ Jesus our Savior

Titus 2:13-looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus

Titus 3:4-God our Savior

Titus 3:6-Jesus Christ our Savior

2 Pet 1:1-to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:

Is Jesus the sustainer of all things? YES, Equel in nature to Jehovah God.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    I find the attitude of Zen Ndist, to be hypocritical. He or she would be the first to complain of attempts at proselytizing by Christians, yet he seems to have no qualms about proselytizing for a secular humanistic gospel. Did you exchange the zealotry of the WT$ for the zealotry of secular humanism?

Just curious. I do expect to be pilloried for making this observation, as I have found in my journey away from the Borg, that the most antagonistic and venomous proselytizers in public are the secular humanists.

since when is honesty and accuracy related to secular humanism? why would you make such a conclusion?

if anything I am an agnostic who is BARELY Zen (^_^) and I dont pretend to KNOW anything beyond my experiences and beliefs about them... I am entitled to my opinions and will back them up with the evidence I have and dont mind at all being shown wrong.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Bible says that "everyone calling on the NAME of Jesus will be saved."

I have come to the conclusion that all these other arguments are distractions.

Most people are uneducated in theology and certainly lost when listening to doctrinal disputes.

They have the choice of accepting this statement by the apostles, or choosing between teachings of different factions - all of whom say "we are the only truth: believe us alone or you are damned." (This is what the Watchtower does).

I find it astonishing that the all forgiving, all loving Almighty would make anybody's salvation or eternal suffering dependent on understanding complex religious arguments, or being prepared to follow those people who claim to understand them. Throughout history this is in fact what many trinitarians/anti- trinitarians say has been happening.

I cannot proclaim on the truth or falsehood of the trinity. But the WT has deliberately misrepresented the teaching.

There is only ONE Lord Jesus.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Once again they wanted you to see the Trinity in modalistic terms. That trinitarians believe they are one in the same. That is not so. True Trinitarians believe that God Yahweh is God the Father, He had a Son who then was God the Son, and by Spirit is God the Holy Spirit. They are equal in NATURE, separate in FUNCTION.

My children are sons and a daughter of two humans. They are fully human.

God placed His Holy Spirit, part of who He is, into the womb of Mary. The Son born was Son of man, and Son of God. Fully man, and fully God. That is who non cult Christians believe Jesus is. Not a recycled angel/man/spirit. They have believed this since day 1. They wrote about it and explained it. The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

One thing is sure. If a person misses the first 5 words of the Bible then he misses all of it....

In the beginning God created

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

Great posts Apostate Kate!

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Great posts Apostate Kate!

thank you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit