The Trinity... is it a false teaching as the WTBTS claims?

by Honesty 146 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    JW teachings.... I found 125 or so verses which mention the father and son together, mostly as GOD and Jesus, and could not help but conclude that JWs were correct in seeing the trinity as false.

once again they wanted you to see the Trinity in modalistic terms. That trinitarians believe they are one in the same. That is not so. True Trinitarians believe that God Yahweh is God the Father, He had a Son who then was God the Son, and by Spirit is God the Holy Spirit. They are equel in NATURE, separate in FUNCTION.

My children are sons and a daughter of two humans. They are fully human.

God placed His Holy Spirit, part of who He is, into the womb of Mary. The Son born was Son of man, and Son of God. Fully man, and fully God. That is who non cult Christians believe Jesus is. Not a recycled angel/man/spirit. They have believed this since day 1. They wrote about it and explained it. The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

• sir82
    sir82

Apostate Kate,

They have believed this since day 1

I think y'all have a little studying to do.

A good place to start would be "Lost Christianities", by Bart Ehrman.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Greetings:

I don't believe in the Trinity. It doesn't make sense to me and never has. And I don't buy into the whole, "its a wonderful mystery" crap either.

Just one reason why I accept that Jesus was not only a creation but also a perfect HUMAN without any divinity (only a divine pre and post-human existence) is because I am willing to ascribe to him all of the normal actitvity of being human (though perhaps in some areas he didn't necessary act upon his humanness for example sex.)

I say to all Trinitarians if you can believe that any part of the God Head or God the Son or whatever, leaned against the tree and relieved himself, or took a nice big smelly dump beside the road, during his many travels, etc. than you have a much less elegant view of God than I do.

-Eduardo

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    once again they wanted you to see the Trinity in modalistic terms. That trinitarians believe they are one in the same. That is not so. True Trinitarians believe that God Yahweh is God the Father, He had a Son who then was God the Son, and by Spirit is God the Holy Spirit. They are equel in NATURE, separate in FUNCTION.

My children are sons and a daughter of two humans. They are fully human.

God placed His Holy Spirit, part of who He is, into the womb of Mary. The Son born was Son of man, and Son of God. Fully man, and fully God. That is who non cult Christians believe Jesus is. Not a recycled angel/man/spirit. They have believed this since day 1. They wrote about it and explained it. The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

hey if you need false assumptions and false beliefs about my views to maintain your own delusions, be my guest as I am not a christian and really dont care what you believe as I said it is all mythology to me and I dont even believe Jesus really existed any longer

www.jesusneverexisted.com

what I see is a story book with characters and I find that trinitarians are taught this doctrine apart from the bible as they readily admit no one in the bible ever taught it to anyone.

then they are taught how to mine the verses for anything that even remotely sounds like it could refer to the trinity and they amass a bunch of out of context verses to show how stringing them together can give the impression that the bible god is a trinity, though no where in the bible is this taught nor explicitily stated.... and like the emperors new clothes the trinitarians pretend that only those with God on their side can get it....

what a bunch of self serving crap!

• gumby
    gumby

Dang Oroborus, i've never heard of anyone talkin bout jesus takin a dump before. You kinda made me lose a little respect for the guy ya bastard!

Gumby

• Star Moore
    Star Moore
    I say to all Trinitarians if you can believe that any part of the God Head or God the Son or whatever, leaned against the tree and relieved himself, or took a nice big smelly dump beside the road, during his many travels, etc. than you have a much less elegant view of God than I do.

LOL ......YOU are so funny: but ACCURATE. Oroborus21.

a point: I was on another site and this girl was saying this:

Only begotten son, could be interpreted as : Uniquely begotton son..

Makes more sense, as the angels as well as humans are anointed as 'sons'..

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Just one reason why I accept that Jesus was not only a creation but also a perfect HUMAN without any divinity (only a divine pre and post-human existence) is because I am willing to ascribe to him all of the normal actitvity of being human (though perhaps in some areas he didn't necessary act upon his humanness for example sex.)

I don't believe in the Trinity. It doesn't make sense to me and never has. And I don't buy into the whole, "its a wonderful mystery" crap either.

After having my life nearly ruined by the WTBTS, I couldn't care less what one persons opinions are. Show me the Scripture!

As far as the mystery of our faith, well again I have to go back to the scriptures;

Romans 11:25-26 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

1 Corinthians 2:7-8 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Ephesians 1:9-11 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Ephesians 3:3-5 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God..

Ephesians 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Ephesians 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Colossians 2:2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;

Colossians 4:3 Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:

1 Timothy 3:9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

Revelation 22:12-13 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

JESUS is the Pne coming back, and He is also the Alpha and the Omega.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    hey if you need false assumptions and false beliefs about my views to maintain your own delusions, be my guest as I am not a christian and really dont care what you believe as I said it is all mythology to me and I dont even believe Jesus really existed any longer

If it is all mythology to you then you should not care that myself and mainstream Christians believe that Jesus is the Holy Divine Son, fully God and fully human and that we dedicate out lives to Bible Theology.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    I think y'all have a little studying to do.

A good place to start would be "Lost Christianities", by Bart Ehrman.

No offense but I had enough of mans opinions when I was a good little active Dub. I have not once stated that everyone has to believe the Bible. I have stated that there is no reason to allow the WTBTS to dictate to me what the Bible means. I can read it for myself. I can study Greek and Hebrew to understand the depth of word meanings.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

the apostate kate,

back about 8 or 9 days ago i asked what version of the bible you were using as a reference, but you didn't answer...now i see you are provideing a link to the christian apologetics & research ministry online bible. my question to you is---what proof can you provide that their version of scripture is correct and any other version is incorrect in relationship to isaiah 9:6...what is the story on their translation, how many greek scholars worked on their translation, how many hebrew scholars, what text did they transalate? and more importantly why should anyone believe that they wouldn't lie, just to bolster their trinitarian beliefs?

the j2s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit