SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT re: Riley Trust Tobacco Compan Stock & WTS

by Oroborus21 78 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gadget
    Gadget

I think people have argued a very good point here, that in todays society it is legally and morally acceptable for an organisation to receive donations.

The problem is, is the wbts a business/charity, or is it Jehovahs earthly organisation? Jehovah is a god requiring exclusive devotion. He demands exacting standards from his followers. Something that may be seen as socially acceptable may be unacceptable to Jehovah and result in that person being put to death, either now or at armegeddon.

UZZAH

(Uz´zah) [possibly a shortened form of Uzziah, meaning "My Strength Is Jehovah"].

A Merarite Levite.—1Ch 6:29.

A son of Abinadab, undoubtedly a Levite. Uzzah and his brother Ahio led the wagon carrying the ark of the covenant from their house when David wanted it brought to Jerusalem. When the bulls pulling the wagon nearly caused an upset, Uzzah reached out and grabbed hold to steady the Ark, for which Jehovah struck him dead on the spot. David named the place Perez-uzzah because there Jehovah had broken through in "a rupture against Uzzah."—2Sa 6:3-8; 1Ch 13:7-11.

Notwithstanding Uzzah’s presumably good intentions to prevent the Ark from falling, it was judged as an "irreverent act." (2Sa 6:7) This was because deliberate disobedience was involved. Jehovah had instructed that under no circumstances was the Ark to be touched by unauthorized persons, a warning of public knowledge that carried with it the death penalty for violators. (Nu 4:15, 19, 20) Had authorized ones, Kohathite Levites, carried it with the poles on their shoulders as God had directed, God’s anger would not have been incurred.—Ex 25:13, 14; Nu 7:9.

If they are gods organisation they need to follow gods standards in everything, or otherwise they may as well not do anything at all. Social norms don't mean anything, Jehovah has his own unaltering standards. And if they are just an earthly organisation they shouldn't claim to be gods organisation, that would probably piss god off quite a bit and bring down his anger on them.

I know this is a very small side issue compared to some of the other things that are going on, and that its often misrepresented. But when I was a witness I rejected the big issues out of hand as being too outragous to be true, it was the culmination of all the small things like this that made me think and look into things more.

• dozy
    dozy

From your comments & reading though other threads , there does appear to be a spectrum of ex-witness viewpoint & conduct with individuals putting themselves into various camps.....

(1) Classic "apostate" - Prepared to promote any allegation or claim (true or false) against the WTS. Bitter and obsessed with organisation even though he/she may have been "out" for years. Stands at assembly gates with placards and / or develops website & spam witnessing program.

(2) Passive "apostate" - Believes most (but not all) allegations. Not an active promoter.

(3) Neutral "ex-witness" - Reasonable , open to debate & occasionally wishes to speak positively about some aspects of JWs , but would never return. More likely to be a "fader" than DF.

(4) Reform "ex-witness" - Generally positive - disillusioned about certain aspects and disagrees with one or two doctrines / processes (eg Blood , 607 . shunning , UN).

• Gill
    Gill

Dozy - then there's the 'still JWs' and proud of it, who can't see the WTBTS talking out of its backside, and wants to call any one with the sense to say, 'The Emperor's Got No Clothes on, ' a rabid apostate.

They're the ones that really irritate me.

The evidence is all clearly visible. Problem is, some people DO NOT and CANNOT bring themselves to accept that they're NOT going to live forever in paradise on Earth, which is coming......any time now!

It's hard to admit that you've been conned, and fell for it. But once you admit it and open your eyes, then you can start to live....NOW, when it counts!

Open your eyes Dozy!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Tobacco usage is harmful to health,same as the Watchtower's teachings.

The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,the reason they came into existence was to proclaim Jesus Christ second coming in 1914.They will now deny that they ever made this claim,that's called BAIT AND SWITCH

The Watchtower is BIG money, being one of the top 40 New York City Corporations making nearly one billion dollars a year.That’s just from one of their many corporations.They pay no municipal taxes on their buildings,without even one charity to compensate the community.

Most Church's don't pay taxes either,but most mainstream churches are abundant in humanitarian charities.Think if you have ever seen a Jehovah Witness food pantry or soup kitchen for the needy?

For 50 plus years the masthead of the Watchtower,viewed when you opened up to the inside front cover would read as follows:

"This magazine(Watchtower) builds up confidence in the Creators PROMISE of a peaceful and secure "new world" before the generation "that witnessed" the EVENTS OF 1914 passes away"".
    By their own admission the Watchtowers has published this dogma in hundreds of millions of pieces of their own literature.

They deleted this false adventist millerite derived prophecy in 1995 because it had FAILED.

The Watchtower leadership has "purged" hundreds of thousands of followers over the years for failing to uphold the 1914 (Jesus came to power) loyalty oath to this now defunct dogma.

The Bible clearly warns to turn away from false prophets.

The "Revelation Climax" book is 90% lies,as the bogus 1914 date is zero hour & ground zero for all it's text.Yes,the man-made apostate Watchtower cult is truly rotten to the core.-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

The truth be known. I just don't give a darn about the "Watchtower" anymore. They have no hold over me (They do over my children.). I wish that I had never listened to the people who spew forth vermin, like yourself. They (Watchtower) are vipers and offsprings of snakes.

And you'll never be able to make me believe in that man-made (who can't direct his own steps) organization again.

• Golf
    Golf

Gadget, you've made a good point. The scriptures tell us that "if we're not faithful in small things how can we be faithful in big things?"

The Bible teaches "to quit touching the unclean thing," so, why is it OK for the org to ignore and make excuses for misrepresenting what is moral?

Golf

• dozy
    dozy

"Dozy - then there's the 'still JWs' and proud of it, who can't see the WTBTS talking out of its backside, and wants to call any one with the sense to say, 'The Emperor's Got No Clothes on, ' a rabid apostate. They're the ones that really irritate me".

I wasn't characterising or grouping active witnesses - but I agree that there are many who fit that description - they irritate me as well. Even the most innocuous observation or comment is made to seem like a vile slur against "Jehovah's Organisation."

• Gadget
    Gadget
    From your comments & reading though other threads , there does appear to be a spectrum of ex-witness viewpoint & conduct with individuals putting themselves into various camps.....

(1) Classic "apostate" - Prepared to promote any allegation or claim (true or false) against the WTS. Bitter and obsessed with organisation even though he/she may have been "out" for years. Stands at assembly gates with placards and / or develops website & spam witnessing program.

(2) Passive "apostate" - Believes most (but not all) allegations. Not an active promoter.

(3) Neutral "ex-witness" - Reasonable , open to debate & occasionally wishes to speak positively about some aspects of JWs , but would never return. More likely to be a "fader" than DF.

(4) Reform "ex-witness" - Generally positive - disillusioned about certain aspects and disagrees with one or two doctrines / processes (eg Blood , 607 . shunning , UN).

This is a very simplistic way of looking at it, and polarises the issue. Some people do fit neatly into some of those groups, but some people do not. What about a person who is reasonable, open to debate, see's some positive aspects of jws, but feels the good points are outweighed by the bad points they see and campaigns to make sure people can see both sides of the story and make their own informed choice? But then, is this thread a debate about what sort of people ex-jws are, or a discussion about what relevance a connection between the wbts and tobaco company shares may or may not have?

• jwsons
    jwsons

Now back to the first post in this topic:
    The TRUST is not existed if there is no agreement between 2 sides : The "benificial owner" [in this case benificial owner is Watchtower Society] AND The "trustee" [in this case is H M Riley]. The WTS "trusted" (in term: "cestui que trust"] H.M.Riley in business, then agree to receive any benifits made from "trustee" H. M. Riley. If there is no agreement, then there is no Trust. Check any Economic or Law Trading Dictionary to know more about it.
    TROLL!

jwsons

• wanda
    wanda

Yes, jwson, there are trolls for the Watchtower Society on this issue working this string. Also, pertaining to Lawrence Hughes' lawsuit against the two Watchtower Society attorneys and doctor, it appears the trolls are making themselves more transparent in their eagerness to dissuade him from gaining financial supporters in that as well.

This shows Brooklyn is sweating as they know they had better. Tobacco, combat military devices, and a deadly anti-emergency whole blood transfusions policy have laid the Watchtower Society wide open to both immediate and future litigation.

If smarter the Governing Body would have hired some outside attorneys to give them less biased, yes-boy counsel but happily they aren't very smart and the Watchtower attorneys reading this will never relay to them this bit of vital advice, afraid to lose their feelings of insiders' superiority.

Today it's Lawrence Hughes' blood-related lawsuit; tomorrow it's lawsuits over tobacco or other matters that may reach into their bank accounts or cause them or their patsy allied corporations to have to sell Brooklyn, farm (NY, FL etc) or electronics properties (CA etc).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit