Did you watch "Soap Operas" while you were a JW and was it a "sin" to watch

by booker-t 15 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

But you did throw out your bell bottoms, chains, and anything polyester plaid? I love the BeeGees.

Juni

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Juni! Bellbottoms are back!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Kinda weird, but my father would be anal about all soap operas except for Dallas. We all watched that one together. When he wasn't home, my mother would control the TV, but she only watched General Hospital and Brazilian telenovellas that were dubbed in Italian. I got hooked on some of them.

And if we're voting on which Desperate Housewife to off, it could be anyone for me except for Marcia Cross. I can't say exactly what it is but I've loved her ever since I saw her in Melrose Place. Oh God, I think I've blurted out way too much..

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I did off and on so I guess I did while I was a witness but didn't think anything of it; Guiding Light (was watching that soap while everybody else I knew was into Luke and Laura, LOL) was what I watched in the early 80s, and Dallas of course during primetime.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I have watched Days of Our Lives on and off since I was 14- I find that one can go months without watching and still figure that the same story lines are going on and not miss much. The only thing that progresses at rapid pace is the age of the children on those shows! And yes, it was considered bad and I watched only when my parents were not home.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

O no ! Desperate Housewives is a soap - are you sure? I thought a soap had to be on on at least twice a week to count as a soap - if not its a drama and drama's are okay to watch!

My grandma poor woman loved Corri Street and Eastenders and when we went to stay she could never understand why me and my two sisters quiety got up and left the room - aged 9, 6 and 5. Our parents took it very seriously that soaps were out - but then they never let us watch Knightrider as a talking car meant it had to be demonised - but then Herby was fine to watch - no wonder i am screwed up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit