Isaac Hayes quits South Park, apparently over Scientology episode

by DanTheMan 49 Replies latest social entertainment

• atypical
    atypical

Seriously, though, he's making a fool of himself. No organization or person is safe from the ridicule of South Park, and he's been on the show forever. He's basically saying that Scientologists are the only ones who shouldn't be made fun of. He obviously doesn't even get the humor of the show he's been working on for the last few years.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

OH MY GOD! They killed Chef!
    YOU BASTARDS!!!!

• daystar
    daystar

I think it was Carlos Mencia who said that if you can't say a joke about a certain group, in front of certain people, then you shouldn't say it in front of anyone.

It's sad that Isaac is a Hubbardite. I didn't realize that. He's lost much respect from this fan.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I suspect he received a visit from church leaders offering some "encouragement".

Such "encouragement" usually comes in the form of guilt and veiled threats.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The one that really surprises me to see on the list is Greta Van Susteren from Fox News.

She just doesn't fit the mold to me.

Rub a Dub

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Nosferatu....I think they're smart enough, if Chef is going to recurringly die in each episode, to have him kill himself and the others would say, "Chef just killed himself. That bastard!"

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

What a joke - did it just occur to him that South Park is offensive? Didn't he notice anything prior to this?

I can hardly wait to see how they handle his absense. I suspect they will use it to mock Scientology even more - perhaps having the scientology secret police take him away in the middle of the night. This could be a running joke for years.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Yeah, I think the CoS just set themselves up for inclusion into future shows. Matt and Trey probably have a clue as to what brought this about - either Isaac told them that the CoS told him to do it, or he had a dumbass moment and told them off from his gut. I never fully believe how the press writes about things like these. You never know what is really going on behind the scenes.

How Chef dies(c'mon, we know he's gonna die) will probably give away what went down.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Perhaps badly impersonated messages could be smuggled out of the Scientology Gulag. Man, they just handed South Park a wad of new jokes.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Nos...you beat me to it!

He stepped down from chef to remain part of the cult. I doubt he could continue to be working for South Park, knowing they've persecuted the scientologists. The story reminds me of how the wts is.

But making fun of catholics, mormons, jews, blacks, whites, asians, mentally handicapped, physically handicapped, satanists, etc...was perfectly ok.

Issac Hayes-bonafide azz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit