Is There ANYTHING That You Still Believe From The Witnesses?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• knothead34
    knothead34

I only studied for a little over a year, never baptized, but I still believe the core doctrines. No trinity,hellfire,immortality of soul. I do believe in a paradise earth. this is what makes it hard. I stopped going to the KH, but I still want to find someplace to worship. I can't stomach through some of the "regular" churches. A lot of them are to the other extreme of the witnesses. Any other religions that have some of these core doctrines aren't anywhere near where I live. Any ideas? send them my way!

• Gill
    Gill

Absolutely NOTHING! Not a sausage!

I've been sat here thinking about JW beliefs and just can't agree with anything they say, think, do etc. In JW land it's all 'double speak' anyway.

• Terry
    Terry

What appealed to my intellect about the first contact with the Watchtower Society's work was the debunking.

The publications dismantled the illogic of religious traditions and beliefs by exposing the pagan roots and influences. In effect it demonstrated that a kind of

enormous hoax was being perpetrated by devout institutions. There was a disconnect between the public assertions of Divine Truth Revealed and the fictions and myths which engendered them. Everything I had been taught was True; was, in effect, a LIE.

By uncovering these hoaxes the Jehovah's Witnesses seemed to be the holder of an important vigilante agenda! Public chastisement of phoney religion was a work of liberation well worthy of all the effort it took by the rank and file membership. Clearly this would be a purpose worth embracing for me!

However, like the fish who spots the wiggly and delicious worm; I did not see the hook around which it was wrapped!

I didn't see the awful secret beneath the debunking work!

The counterfeit doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses more than replaced the religious humbuggery of mainstream religions. And worse!

I became a minion of a powerful mind-control cult whose hidden agenda was completely hidden from my inspection.

My rational mind was being dismantled and my natural defenses against indoctrinations were being softened by the magician's trick of distraction and misleading misdirection. I embraced my own destruction under the banner of service to a Higher Power.

Being a Jehovah's Witness is surrendering the best years of your life to superstitious police work were you investigate invisible crimes and accuse innocent victims of the most irrational conspiracies. All the while with a pasted smile and an iron heart soon rusted shut with ambiguity and cold malice.

I became a Shadow of the person I once was. I filled my mind with imaginary fictions presented as history and prophecy. I was presumably an agent for the overthrow of all government and religion. However, it was illusory megalomania and self-deception.

I wasted years of my youth. I turned my back on opportunity. I ignored ambition and investment. I daily reccomended as medicine the very poisons I myself swallowed eagerly.

Is there anything I still believe from the Witnesses? Yes! The debunking must continue; only, the crosshairs of my vigilance centers now on Brooklyn and the twelve minions of malevolent mischief who helped destroy my life.

Come out, come out wherever you are!

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

In order to believe anything left of what they taught I would have to have some sort of biblical-based belief system. Their's IS loosely based on their interpretation of that book. I do not have that type belief system, so no. I can say unequivacably I have NOTHING left of their belief system. (I may not know how to spell them, but I learned my big words in the WT!)

Sherry

• minimus
    minimus

I do think that the beginnings of the religion has to be looked into first because when you read what Russell believed in and what he taught----it is the foundation for what the Watchtower Society is today, Every major president espoused crazy nutty teachings---unscriptural, really. Wrong. Old light. Lies.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No Hell Fire

No Trinity

No Immortal Soul

Love is the mark of a true Christian

• greendawn
    greendawn

Nothing that is originally their teaching, I don't believe in the Trinity or a literal everlasting hell as for the immortality of the soul I am not certain some biblical verses seem to support it and another as many seem to deny it. It may be that just those who really believe in Jesus will be immortal. The rest will have to be resurrected.

• heathen
    heathen
    Being a Jehovah's Witness is surrendering the best years of your life to superstitious police work were you investigate invisible crimes and accuse innocent victims of the most irrational conspiracies. All the while with a pasted smile and an iron heart soon rusted shut with ambiguity and cold malice.

Man that's like poetic there .LMAO

I think the WTBTS has it's own version of trinity and immortality of the soul so you really can't say they don't teach it . WTBTS trinity --- God , his word and his organization . The WTBTS says that the anointed today are resurrected on the spot and also teaches that the GC will survive eternally . I think the immortality of the soul is a teaching in the bible . Not just a pagan belief .

• minimus
    minimus

You would say that, you heathen.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I believe that "bad associations spoil useful habits". That's why I stay away from the kingdom hall

Amen to that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit