Is There ANYTHING That You Still Believe From The Witnesses?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Believe

or

Do

?

(
    Matthew 23:1-3) 23 Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples, saying: 2 "The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the seat of Moses. 3 Therefore all the things they tell YOU, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds, for they say but do not perform . . .

I'm sure all of us can think of something JWs teach or believe that are good things...such as showing love to others. But "they say but do not perform."

Blondie

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

I'm not sure the New Testament is written in stone after looking into how the canon was agreed upon. I believe in creation simply because of the design but that could be a creator or creators that are not necessarily gods. The lack of apparent invovement, to me is a problem. ( I realise I'm on a different time frame than this creator but nontheless, it seems there would be a more clear instruction book.) It could be humans are not any more significant than ants to the creator(s) and we can't get around our self-importance.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    a creator or creators that are not necessarily gods. The lack of apparent invovement, to me is a problem. ( I realise I'm on a different time frame than this creator but nontheless, it seems there would be a more clear instruction book.) It could be humans are not any more significant than ants to the creator(s) and we can't get around our self-importance

YES, YES, YES!!!!

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Well, since my experience with the JW's has made me an athiest, I don't know that there is much left to believe in. There are many things I believe in now which would go against the JW's teachings such as being a good citizen by voting, lobbying the government (on things like environment, energy, health, etc), helping out the poor by voluntering at places like the salvation army or donating money to them. Since becoming an atheist has made me care much more about the human race and what goes on in this planet, I now try and use my life to benfit people instead of just thinking, screw'em there all gonna die anyway.

• heathen
    heathen

I believe that religion is a snare and a racket ....................... OHH thank you brother rutherford for that quote ....................LOL

• zagor
    zagor

I still believe it is wrong to lie ... of course, that only what they teach not what they do

• ferret
    ferret

I still believe in God.

• lighthouse1956
    lighthouse1956

I still don't believe in Trinity,literal hellfire, immortality of soul, Holloween,astralogy, abortions.

I believe blood transfusions,politics,types of sex acts within marriage, collage, beards, should be your personal chioce.

I believe in God's Grace more than his 'undeserved kindness',

• Chimene
    Chimene

Nothing! I believe nothing they say, or what they taught me. The Jdubs are like the Pharisees in today's world. I have been reading, and reading books by ex jdubs that have original bible quotes that have been changed by the WTS.

They are lying, brain washing scoundrels!

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

well, I beleive "religion is a snare and a racket"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit