Elders accuse us of Mail Fraud

by inbyathread 38 Replies latest jw friends

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Well the Sh*t has finally hit the fan now. It seems that several families in the Neillsville / Marshfield area have received packages with apostate tm material enclosed. At the service meeting last Thursday night in two (count them) two congregations the elders have announced that a Mail Fraud scheme is in the area with packages arriving at publishers homes. Under no circumstances are they to open the packages but to bring them to the elders immediately.

The paranoia is screaming now. The last time I looked up 'fraud' in the dictionary it stated: 1: deceit or trickery, esp. deliberate deception practiced to cheat another of rights or property.

Never, I say Never have we asked for money.

Also just got off the U.S.P.S website and searched for mail fraud. Went through their complaint form and laughed when I came across "unwanted mail" If they don't want the mail then throw it out. I get unwanted mail all the time. I'll get at least 3 credit card offers a week. Don't want them I shred them and toss them.

I say to the elders, if you don't want my postcards then throw them away. Consider it 'all joy my brother' when you are under persecution.

Now my printer is going to have to go into overdrive printing more postcards. Gotta Love it.

• carla
  • LDH
    LDH

You have got to be kidding!

All that will do is get the JW curiousity up because it is so unusual. No worries, they'll open it.

• Mary
    Mary

Under no circumstances are they to open the packages but to bring them to the elders immediately.

LOL! Ya......can't have the R&F finding out what's really going on inside the Organization now can we? How exactly is anyone supposed to recognize this "package" without opening it first? What idiots.........

BTW, what did you put in these "unwanted" (but totally lovely) packages to the bros?

• greendawn
    greendawn

If you can give us briefly the background to your story above, we will be able to better understand what you are describing.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

scratching my head...........packages is different from postcards...........

• Will Power
    Will Power

obviously a new headline will be needed.

HELP STOP MAIL FRAUD - read only exact quotes from WT/GOD - it impossible for them to lie!
    Reexamine.org
    Don't be lied to!

• Quotes
    Quotes

LMAO!

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_fraud:

====
    Mail fraud refers to any scheme which attempts to unlawfully obtain money or valuables in which the postal system is used at any point in the commission of a criminal offence.
    ====

I wonder what mental gyrations the elder body(tm) went through to come up with this:

• the mail is from Apostates(tm)

• Apostates(tm) only tell lies (trust us, there is NO WAY they could be telling the truth, NO WAY the WTS could have EVER chosen to become affiliated with the UN, etc.

• therefore this is a lie delivered via the mail

• therefore this is Mail Fraud

• (this is the best part) Although we are not deputized by the Federal Government, we have been appointed by Holy Spirit(tm) (which is almost equally important as being a FED!) so we are qualified to (a) determine that this is "mail fraud" and (b) protect the public... whoops, I mean continue to blind The Friends(tm) by instructing them how to deal with this Mail Fraud

Now, this gets worse the more you analyse it: I'm pretty sure that legitimate mail fraud investigations instruct you to keep the samples of fraudulent mail, to be used at time of prosecution! Do NOT destroy them.

Hey, WTS legal drones (yes, I know you are monitoring my posts here); you might want to contact those congregations and get the elders to stop impersonating a federal mail inspector; federal jail time for the Local Elder Body(tm) won't help the congregation one bit!

~Q
  • Will Power
    Will Power

Is that why they stopped mailing out subscriptions?
    LOL

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    two congregations the elders have announced that a Mail Fraud scheme is in the area with packages arriving at publishers homes. Under no circumstances are they to open the packages but to bring them to the elders immediately.

This sounds like a fraudulent attempt by elders to intercept mail in order to prevent the legitimate recipients from reading it. I wonder if their announcement is in fact an illegal act.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit