evps what do you think?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 22 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

wowzer! UNCLEBRUCE!

that's a pretty crazy story. Now see, why can't that happen to me? I really need to have something like that happen so that I could have some sort of belief of other worlds. thanks for sharing. I enjoy reading it.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

UB,

That is a wild story. Very cool.

I hear something like that and my first thought is: if there are spirit entities, then there has to be a God entity. But obviously, that's up for debate and I'm sure I'm only seeing one perspective on the matter.

But very very interesting. Is Jack still a part of your lives?

Star: What about people who say that since their childhood they have abilities to speak with those who have crossed over? I see your point. So you think that it's possible to be hearing angels. Now that's an interesting thought.

meagan

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Re Bruce's Jack story..

To cut a long story short, I had a near death experience and I ended up some place no normal dub ever expects to end up (no it wasn't hot) What I experienced there no one would want to leave and especially not to hang out in some bush.

My dub brain washing won't let me believe in ghosts but <------ big but, (and i'm not talking about yer new girl friend) if there are such things as ghosts then it sounds like Jack's a bit lost.

• osmosis
    osmosis

Wow, some of you are really confused.

I listened to those electronic voices and, in my opinion, so what? Doesn't prove a thing, doesn't even cause me to question anything. Doesn't convince me, doesn't even tickle.

There are two things I would like to make known to you all which I think EVERYone can benefit from, even if they are already skeptical. One is the web site www.randi.org (that's James the Amazing Randi) which has a very good online encyclopedia of claims, frauds, hoaxes, occult, paranormal, etc. (In fact, you look under "J" guess what you'll see in there)

The other is a fantastic series of shows by Penn & Teller called "Bullshit!", which airs on ShowTime. The series, available on DVD, covers all sorts of BS, quackery, false claims and stupid ideas. And what's more, it's very funny. In one episode on the whole "alien abduction" phenomenae, they get some claimed alien abductee, and show her this thing, and she says yes they [the aliens] use those. The thing they showed her was a sex toy spray painted silver! Bastards.

Everyone should watch BS!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Wow, some of you are really confused.

I listened to those electronic voices and, in my opinion, so what? Doesn't prove a thing, doesn't even cause me to question anything. Doesn't convince me, doesn't even tickle.

hey os,

uhm kinda confused myself. I don't recall too many of us jumping on the evp thang and going hook line and sinker with it.

I gave the link so freedom lover would know what I was talking about, but I think the whole point of the thread was too debunk or see what other explanations exist.

So that being said, where are we confused?

just curious

meagan

ps thanks for the link! It's interesting!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    hear something like that and my first thought is: if there are spirit entities, then there has to be a God entity. .

Typically American I'm sad to say. We here in the free world have a joke that goes along the lines of an american entering a new work place and demanding "who's in charge here!" ...all the aussies turn their backs with a combined ppphhhtt

anti-bs egalitarian iconoclast australian unclebruce

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Black S. : I don't know about the dead...talking to people.. But I don't believe the soul dies at death anymore. As the WT teaches. But I do believe Jesus as saying they are 'sleeping'. So maybe the soul is in a sleeplike state... Could the angels or ET's be pretending?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Yes Osmosis BS is first thing we wiped aside in this thread. Randi is fine too, I walked along side him for a while. He's good at fraud busting but hasn't much experience/cred in the areas of water divination etc.. I can only say what I know and I know and anyone who visits this unusual place will know that two wires held straight out in front act as a strong metal detector. My house site sits directly over a 2ft wide gold bearing quarts seam and this whole area has a magnetic anomoly that renders compases useless - that could explain/prove some things but not all.

no bs unc

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

typically american?

hm, this could get me in trouble but, what is typically american? I can think of a lot of things, but this was surprising. Not in a bad way, just surprising.

I'm trying to figure out in my head how we can have a spirit that keeps going without there being a Big Spirit in the Sky. Unless... we (as the human race) found the spirits first and concluded (assumed) that there must be a Big Spirit in the Sky. I know there are some things we just Don't have the answers to.

meagan

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Star what if they're neither angels or et's? (btw et's as in phone home? ) I was looking at the site that osmosis gave us. It is really interesting.

I was thinking about this: when I used to use the baby monitor all the time, occasionally the sound intake box would be on the wrong frequency (?). And on the outgoing sound box, I could hear some pretty wild stuff. Pilots in airplanes, other people nearby with their kids. Sometimes it would be barely audible, but if you listened close enough.... it was there.

So...(thinking of rem's what's the frequency kenneth at this point) aside from hoaxes and those evps that are obtained through manipulation...thinking of Bruce's experience...can there be another frequency that we just can't hear?

meagan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit