evps what do you think?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 22 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

As described above, compared to australians, americans seem prone to needing a leader figure, someone to "take charge".

I believe this is reflected in the widespread need to believe in a sky daddy. Thank Heuy australians don't care much for the God illusion.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Blackswan

I hear something like that and my first thought is: if there are spirit entities, then there has to be a God entity.

The problem w that thought, is that it is only one possibility. There are other possibilities. If spirits do exist, if we are spirits incarnated which continue after the body dies, then it is fair to ask what is the source of the spirit, what is our source. While one possible answer is god, there are other possibilities. Let me illustrate.

What is the source of our planet earth? Did it come from a planet factory? Your kind of thinking would lead in that direction. However, present knowledge leads to another direction. It's similar w spirits. Think about it.

S

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    As described above, compared to australians, americans seem prone to needing a leader figure, someone to "take charge".

(slaps head) oh shit, you're right...

this is when the men in black knock on my door and drag me away for my internet conspiracy against big brother....(ok I've had too much coffee)

I do see your point.

The more I think I about it, you have made a really good one. I think that this goes back to my other thread on Why we need God. That being said, keep in mind America is a melting pot of so many cultures. Different Gods (gods) (entities, deities etc)

In all honesty, I'll admit, I know little about Australia(ns) except that you have a lot of sharks swimmin' about your waters. If twerent for da sharks Bruce, if twerent for da sharks...

Oh and the people seem ok.

meagan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit