So....How's The F A D I N G Coming Along?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

When we moved from Wisconsin to Arizona, the elders sent our records to the wrong congregation in Phoenix. We stopped meetings right about that time and heard nothing for three years. Moved to Texas and been here since June and have heard nothing and have not laid eyes on a JW. All the people we knew for 30 years in Wisconsin refuse to talk to us since we told them we do not go to meetings. None of us are DA'd or DF'd. Real friendship.

So if they ever do decide to come after us, they have lost our records.

Target

• greendawn
    greendawn

When I did my fade long ago they came after two or three months to tell me that I should go back to preaching and they could not understand why I gave it all up since II had been so active before.

I ignored them and they never came again though I disassociated to let them know that I was definitely not part of them, after seven years of being inactive.

• delilah
    delilah

Well, let me see.....it's been 8 years since I was last to the kingdom hall. It took the elders 5 years to finally come round to pay me a visit. They asked me if I thought I'd ever go back to the meetings, and I hemmed and hawed and said, "perhaps some day" and that was the end of it. They told me how much they missed us,(yeah, like I bought into that...NOT!) and wanted very much for us to come back, then they left. A few minutes later, the one brother came back to retrieve his hat. Haven't seen hide nor hair of them since, and when they work my street, they take great care to hurry past my house. One day I swear, I'm going to yell," BOO" when they walk by.

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

So far so good, I think they have forgotten about me! I left four years ago, they came by to visit few a times right after I left, but since then I've had no visits! Two years ago an Elder came by to visit my hubby (he's an active JW), he invited him to the Memorial......I guess that Elder doesn't really know his sheep!! The Elder saw me and he didn't say a word to me......I just gave him a pleasant smile!

Hapgood

• Dune
    Dune

Still in the planning stages. :-(

• amac
    amac

Not bad for us...it's been close to 2 years since we have been to a meeting. We usually get calls around the CO visit...and before the last one they tried really hard to meet with us, saying they just wanted to visit. But after about 3 attempts of reaching my wife (although continually asking for me) and failing to schedule a meeting, my wife finally said "We know where the KH is, why do you need to visit" and he finally said that they had heard some rumours about us and wanted to see where we stand. So she told him to call back another time...but he didn't. They tried showing up with the CO at our door, but my wife was on her way out.

Recently my wife went to a funeral and sat right in front of an elder who was in our last hall but never said more than a couple words to us when we were active (it was the funeral of a mutual "worldly" friend.) He then had the nerve to start asking her about what she is doing with her life as the funeral was starting! My wife was furious that he would use that time to start talking to her and quizzing her on her inactivity....but never said a word to her during all the "upbuilding" meetings we went to. What a dolt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit