Are You Truly "HAPPY" Now That You're Out Of The Organization?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I am much happier. I so enjoy all my free time, I love my Sunday mornings in bed with my book and cuppa (hey I'm single!)

Love the fact I dont have to find out where my work colleagues live so I dont call on them..lol

I hated being a witness, maybe I wasn't a very good one, but I hated it all, and now I can see so much goodness in the world, and actually DO something about the bad stuff instead of going round knocking on empty houses.

And you know what.. I find so many good people out here, their fun, honest, genuine and I just wish I'd got out sooner. Every time I see any of the brothers they look weighed down and pressured, and I remember how that never being good enough felt.

Also dont have to hide my tattoos any longer

Poppy xxxxxxx

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Most definitely

I've been out for almost 21 years. And I haven't had any serious thoughts about suicide since then. The first couple of years were rough but suicide was not a daily thought like it was before I left.

I can honestly say I haven't thought of it at all as an option after the firtst few months.

It ain't perfect. But that was the WT fantasy anyways.

Real life, with its ups and downs and all of its surprises is well worth sticking around for.

If I had followed those thoughts my children would have been seriously damaged. I would never have seen them grow up, get married and never would have seen my grandchildren. I never would have gone back to school and done work that I am so proud of that has help me and many others.

Recovery from abuse, physical, emotional, sexual, marital, financial, political, and spiritual has been worth all the hard work. Some of it was very hard to do but it was all easier than living as a JW

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Like Lady Lee, I also suffered from depression and sucidal thoughts / attempts while in the org, now that I have some to the realization that its all BS I feel like I'm finally at peace with myself. Although leaving may not actually 'make' you happy, it does releave a lot of stress that it puts on an individual.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Its true leaving the org doesn't necessarily make you happier.. but it allows you to make adjustments in your life to be happier ,,,something you can't do in the org..so.. yes.. I would say...I am a happier person after leaving the org..

• Honesty
    Honesty

OH, SO HAPPY AND FREE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit