Is this one of the reasons they changed the Song Book?

by Gill 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    So what the heck is the difference between this and saying that the "soul", "life force",

Life force and soul are not innerchangable to JWs.

Soul is the combo of breath of life/life force and the body. "And adam became a soul" Not "And adam was given a soul"

So for the dubs to sing "but cannot destroy the soul" sounds like a vestige from old christendom. Remove the life force or body from the equation and the soul ceases to exist. So according to dub lore, killing the body is the same as destroying the soul.

Its just another dub stupidity.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

M.J.

Try asking a JW what a "Life Force" is? Or when Jesus said:"I am the bread of life... who comes down from heaven" ask a JW: What exactly came down?

Joh 6:33

For the bread of God is the one who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."

Joh 6:34

Therefore they said to him: "Lord, always give us this bread."

Joh 6:35

Jesus said to them: "I am the bread of life. He that comes to me will not get hungry at all, and he that exercises faith in me will never get thirsty at all.

D Dog

• M.J.
    M.J.

In "What does the Bible really teach?" one of the definitions of soul is that it's a description of "life" itself. Such as when the soul of the child left the body and subsequently returned in 2 Kings I think it was...This is explained as the "life" leaving and returning.

So I asked the JW conducting the study about the "knowledge" book's assertion that the "life" of God's son in heaven was transferred to the womb of Mary...Did this mean that the "soul" of God's son was transferred to Mary's womb? No answer there!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Don't you love those moments of silence?

D Dog

• Honesty
    Honesty
    So what the heck is the difference between this and saying that the "soul", "life force", whatever the heck you're calling it, is something that survives the death of the body? Saying that "something" of "us" survives the death of the body, whether we can quantify that "something" in definable terms or not, and then turn around and unequivocally state that our existence is completely annihilated at death is...not consistent.

The WACKTOWER twists the scriptures to match their doctrine of "Soul Sleep".

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the WTS was quoting a scripture that does seem confusing but seems to be what other translations say.

It all depends on how you define the terms:

body

and

soul

Matthew 10:28 (Young's Literal Translation)

28 `And be not afraid of those killing the body, and are not able to kill the soul, but fear rather Him who is able both soul and body to destroy in gehenna.

• Frog
    Frog

I thought perhaps you were doing to say they'd changed it form that khacky brown pooh colour...

• Frog
    Frog

"We're Jehovah's witnesses, we speak out in fealessness" (disclaimer: except in the case of the loophole/get out clause which allows us to lie openly about our affiliation in instances of potential persecution).

"Ours is the god of true prophecy (high long note!)...what he fortells comes to be" (disclaimer: except in the case of 1914, 1925 & 1975).

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

C'mon DDog,

The essence of Michael came down from heaven remember

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Lol @ Frog!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit