How Did Things Change After You Were Baptised?

by whyizit 17 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

Let me make sure that I am getting this straight. You are of special interest while you are only studying, because the time spent with you is counted. But after you are baptized, they are immediately on to new "projects". But you are counted as a notch in their belt, because you became baptized.

After you are baptized, are you then expected to immediately go out and start recruiting? I was told their are territories. My friend lives kind of far away, but what if she became baptized and needed a recruit to count her time on, and if I told her I would study, but only with her. Would she be able to do that, then count our time together? Even if I wasn't in her "territory"?

And how about when they go to someone's house for a book study. Who gets to count that time? The person who brought the recruit? The entire group gets to count it? Or the person holding the study in their house?

Could someone please answer these questions for me? I am VERY interested in how this works.

• beezknees
    beezknees

can't really remember i think i was 12 yrs old!! and so capable of understanding what i was getting in to ?? I do know though that since i have been inactive when i did on occasion try to go back to the ahll i was virtually ignored by 80% of the hall, i even was in a queue in the supermarket behind an elder who totaly ignored me then pretended he hadn't seen me?? brotherly love at its best

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

my little toe dropped off.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    After you are baptized, are you then expected to immediately go out and start recruiting?

Before you are baptised you have to start going out doing the doors, So even before you're baptised to are expected to be trying to gain recruits.

I was told their are territories. My friend lives kind of far away, but what if she became baptized and needed a recruit to count her time on, and if I told her I would study, but only with her. Would she be able to do that, then count our time together? Even if I wasn't in her "territory"?

Yes she can do that, though why you'd want to study I have no Idea. If you are in territory that is covered by another congregation she would be expected to start taking someone from that congregation along with her after a while, the intention being that eventually she would pass your study over to that other brother or sister and that you would then start to attend the nearest kingdom hall to you.

Depending how new and knowledgeable in the truth the study conductor is he or she may be instructed to take along another witness to help in the study.

There's also the issue of Sex. if you and the witness are different sexes another would have to go along to make sure nothing was going on.

And how about when they go to someones house for a book study. Who gets to count that time? The person who brought the recruit? The entire group gets to count it? Or the person holding the study in their house?
    The Book study conductor counts that time, hes normally an Elder
  • Gill
    Gill

I could 'go out' with my boyfriend 'legally' then!

• JAVA
    JAVA

I noticed a huge change after I stepped aside as an elder. For the first time in many years I witnessed how JWs treated each other compaired to elders. I was amazed how quickly the gloves came off when the elders and publishers view you as nothing more than another rank-n-file member.

• maxwell
    maxwell

Nothing much changed. I was raised as a JW, and I was 12 when I got baptized. For some reason, I thought I might get invited to more social gatherings with other young people. That didn't happen. I was and am still nerdy even compared to JW's.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The day of my baptism was the first day of the lonliest years of my life, and it became obvious within a few hours of my dunking. Now that I was baptised no one had to feign interest in me any more. The shunning began that same day.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit